• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 copy

oyyq99999

WCA
2007YUNQ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm just interested in how to copy a scrambled square-1(match the scramble). I dunno how to do it fast. I just have an idea as below.
First, match the shape.
Second, analyse the permutations of the cubies.
Third, go back and do the permutations.
Last, match the shape in the same way.
I know it's not very good but it works, I just wonder whether there are better ideas.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
That's pretty much how I would approach it if I ever had the inclination to do so. It's basically blindfold solving (bring it to square shape and then permute everything) but in reverse.

I suppose if you wanted to get really good at it you could memorize how to optimally solve/generate all possible shapes and maybe how the permutations are affected by each.

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, it's essentially a blindsolve. Check out Mike Hughey's page, he's got optimal solutions for each cubeshape and the permutations associated with them.

If you don't want to learn that much, you can do what I did: first, take your solved square-1 and match the shape. Make sure you do the shape the exact same way every time. Figure out a few pieces to swap, solve back to cubeshape, swap the pieces, then match the shape again. Repeat until all pieces are solved.

oyyq99999

WCA
2007YUNQ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, it's essentially a blindsolve. Check out Mike Hughey's page, he's got optimal solutions for each cubeshape and the permutations associated with them.

If you don't want to learn that much, you can do what I did: first, take your solved square-1 and match the shape. Make sure you do the shape the exact same way every time. Figure out a few pieces to swap, solve back to cubeshape, swap the pieces, then match the shape again. Repeat until all pieces are solved.

I've read that, and planning to learn it this winter holiday maybe(sounds crazy?). I just wanna whether there are better ways for it in a speedsolve way.