• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I +2d out of a PB ao12 :(

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I think sCs gives out a lot more "no contract" sponsorships compared to TheCubicle.
TheCubicle has a lot of affiliates compared to official sponsorees like Owen and Nathan (and us of course)
Speedcubeshop invests in what is already successful whereas TheCubicle invests in people they think will be successful in future.
I think that because of this, TheCubicle probably isn’t successful in 100% of their “attempts,” you could say. They take more risks because they are to the point where they can’t start investing in big YouCubers, because there aren’t any that aren’t sponsored already. Like, how is anybody supposed to know about Nathan and Owen? Their channels are big enough that they attract a reasonably large audience (including the most popular cube store in the world, I guess), but too small to really start reaching out to the entire cubing community. This is a slight flaw that I see in TC’s affiliate program. But, then again, they will have more people buying from their store because they have more people to spread the word about it. People who know about Nathan’s and Owen’s channels are likely to want to shop at TheCubicle, so the bigger YouCubers do get a little bit stolen from them, but I think that for TC, it’s actually a really smart way to do it.