• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedstacks Competition Timer and Windows 7

Calvin Laza

My stackmat works with PrismaPuzzleTimer0.4.jar on my laptop loaded with Vista, but I really want to use it with my desktop, instead.

The operating system on my desktop is Windows 7 home premium. So far I tried Prisma 0.4 and CCT 0.9.5. On CCT I have the option to play with different settings, but that didn't help.

Is there a way to set those timers to work in windows XP compatibility mode? I can do that with some programs, but I'm not finding that option with java programs.

Do you know of any other programs that interface with stackmat in win7?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

caartey

DUDE the problem might not be the OS instead the port in which you connect the stackmat timer or the extra audio/chipset drivers that might control the port....

so check whether you have realtek or other audio manager thats preventing or interfering with the interfacing..... if yes try uninstalling it and then check if it works
or use a diffrent audio port (alternate between back and front) it could even be hardware malfunction try connecting a headphone mic to that port and check if its working

Also since mine doesnt connect to a pc do we connect it to the mic port or speaker port....????

Calvin Laza

The only way I can get Prisma 0.4 and CCT 0.9.5 to recognize the stackmat is if I connect to the mic port. I have 3 mic ports and tried them all. When either the mics are connected I get 2 options for the mixers, and neither one works.

I did have realtek high definition sound manager and THX. Disabled it: no good. Uninstalled it: now I have no sound on my desktop, and still no good.

I don't think it is a hardware malfunction because the sound recorder works (worked back when I had sound). I don't think it is a stackmat malfunction because it works when hooked to my laptop with Vista.

I am not Prisma 0.4 and CCT 0.9.5 zipped.

Do you know of an easy way to switch to Windows 7 32 bit mode?

Last edited:

Calvin Laza

For me that doesn't work; both Prisma 0.4 and CCT 0.9.5 are already unzipped. Is your Win 7 the 32 bit version, Cheese11?

Right now my plan is to install a virtual machine with Windows XP 32 bit on it, thanks to caartey's suggestion. My hardware test says my machine has what it takes, but unfortunately Microsoft won't allow it because my operating system is only Win 7 home premium (must be at least Win 7 Professional).

I'm leaning towards installing VMware Player then use my old Windows XP CD to install the operating system. I won't have time to do it today, but I will post back and let you know whether it worked or not.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060/create-an-xp-mode-for-windows7-home-versions-and-vista/

Let me know if you think the virtual machine approach is a bad idea, please.

Calvin Laza

Installing the VMware virtual machine with Win XP home edition worked somewhat. Prisma 0.4 works now, although it is kind of annoying I must still hit "reset" on the stackmat. After much tweeking, CCT 0.9.5 still doesn't accept stackmat inputs.