• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpeedSolving Master beta released!

GRVigo

This version is outdated, please read https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/speedsolving-master-beta-2-released.86711/

Hello. I just released the beta version of my solver application "SpeedSolving Master" in my Github account.

For Windows systems, I prepared a portable version, with all needed libraries in a single zip file. Just download, unzip and execute the SSMaster.exe file. You'll not need to install it and nothing outside the SpeedSolving Master folder will be writen.

It's free software under the GPL license, so the source code is also avaliable.

It looks like this:

1639259720600.png

For Linux I prepared a similar zip file, but the QT5 libraries are not included, so they must be installed in your system. If you run a KDE desktop, I think they should be already installed.

Another option is compile yourself the code, as you can download the complete project for QT Creator from my Github account.

If the QT application is a problem for you, I also prepared a command line version for Windows and Linux. If you prefer to run this version, please read this document, as no help is included.

Download links:
For other systems, the source code for the command line version should compile into any C ++ 17 capable compiler (no external libraries are needed).

------

I released it as a beta version as I expect some feedback about bugs. If you find something that not works as you expected, please let me know in the comments.

I know that there some issues to be improved:
  • The only language is english, I need to work implementing traslations.
  • The help documents are very simple.
  • If you launch a search, there is not a cancel button: you have to wait to finish or kill the app.
  • As english is not my mother language, I would appreciate all the corrections and suggestions to the texts and documents.
Some tips:
  • If you specify a single orientation (ex: UF), increase the number of inspections.
  • When you especify a single orientation, there are more possibilities for not getting results. In this case, increase the search depth.
  • If you increase the number of inspections and you don't get more results, increase the search depth.
  • First try a search depth of 6 or 7. If you want more results increase it to 8 or even 9 (a value of 9 could last an hour of processing time in a modern processor). Higher values are not allowed.
  • To avoid your computer being freeze while processing, limit the number of cores (but the search time will be longer).

I hope you enjoy this app as much as I enjoyed writen it!!!

Last edited:

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello. I just released the beta version of my solver application "SpeedSolving Master" in my Github account.

For Windows systems, I prepared a portable version, with all needed libraries in a single zip file. Just download, unzip and execute the SSMaster.exe file. You'll not need to install it and nothing outside the SpeedSolving Master folder will be writen.

It's free software under the GPL license, so the source code is also avaliable.

It looks like this:

View attachment 18025

For Linux I prepared a similar zip file, but the QT5 libraries are not included, so they must be installed in your system. If you run a KDE desktop, I think they should be already installed.

Another option is compile yourself the code, as you can download the complete project for QT Creator from my Github account.

If the QT application is a problem for you, I also prepared a command line version for Windows and Linux. If you prefer to run this version, please read this document, as no help is included.

Download links:
For other systems, the source code for the command line version should compile into any C ++ 14 capable compiler (no external libraries are needed).

------

I released it as a beta version as I expect some feedback about bugs. If you find something that not works as you expected, please let me know in the comments.

I know that there some issues to be improved:
  • The only language is english, I need to work implementing traslations.
  • The help documents are very simple.
  • If you launch a search, there is not a cancel button: you have to wait to finish or kill the app.
  • As english is not my mother language, I would appreciate all the corrections and suggestions to the texts and documents.
Some tips:
  • If you specify a single orientation (ex: UF), increase the number of inspections.
  • When you especify a single orientation, there are more possibilities for not getting results. In this case, increase the search depth.
  • If you increase the number of inspections and you don't get more results, increase the search depth.
  • First try a search depth of 6 or 7. If you want more results increase it to 8 or even 9 (a value of 9 could last an hour of processing time in a modern processor). Higher values are not allowed.
  • To avoid your computer being freeze while processing, limit the number of cores (but the search time will be longer).

I hope you enjoy this app as much as I enjoyed writen it!!!
This is an amazing piece of software! Thank you!