• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving.com NCAA Bracket Challenge 2012!

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, it's kinda late but I know somebody (I think PJK) organized one of these last year so I figured I'd throw one together in case anyone wants to participate. Anyone can join, it's just for fun. Just go to the link below and sign up. You will need a Yahoo! account to enter.

The password is "cubing".

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=207149&P=cubing

If you have a problem with the link you can search by league ID#, which is 207149.

All entries must be submitted by noon EST tomorrow (Thursday), so get them in soon!

Last edited:

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
I wonder who you're picking :p

Not Duke that's for sure! I've watched them enough this season to know they don't have the skills to go all the way.
Rivers isn't mature enough.
Ryan Kelly is iffy.
Andre Dawkins is cold.
Oh, and of course Duke's resident dangerous duo – the Plumlees. (and by dangerous I mean risking a loss for the team).

So yeah... and I don't know how well Bob will do with Duke as his winner.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not Duke that's for sure! I've watched them enough this season to know they don't have the skills to go all the way.
Rivers isn't mature enough.
Ryan Kelly is iffy.
Andre Dawkins is cold.
Oh, and of course Duke's resident dangerous duo – the Plumlees. (and by dangerous I mean risking a loss for the team).

So yeah... and I don't know how well Bob will do with Duke as his winner.

Duo? So you only hate two of them? I think even Mason is mostly worthless, too. I think Duke is far short, talent-wise, of a 2 seed this year, too. But if they were my team there would be no way I could pick against them in a bracket. My team hasn't made the tournament in 21 years, so I haven't had this problem recently.

Last edited:

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Duo? So you only hate two of them? I think even Mason is mostly worthless, too. I think Duke is far short, talent-wise, of a 2 seed this year, too. But if they were my team there would be no way I could pick against them in a bracket. My team hasn't made the tournament in 21 years, so I haven't had this problem recently.

I said duo, cuz the third one isn't playing. And after years of putting them to win it all every time then watching them lose in the sweet 16 or elite 8, I just learned to recognize their limitations and make a smart pick. Sure, I'd love to see them go all the way, but I also want to make the best bracket that I can

cubernya

Premium Member
Good thing I didn't have either of the 2 seeds that lost going any further than 2 games into the tourny.

Edit: Just realised that if I finished out the brackets perfect that I would win :p