• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedrunning

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! Do any of you speedrun any video games?
I speedrun MCBE and current best is 7 hours, but I'm right in the middle of a really good one!
I just made this thread to see whether there were any other speedrunners, and what games they play.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have done speedrunning of SS Comp once. It took me nearly 4 hours to do 30/34 events.

I do not have time for video games as I am a post grad student sadly, R' U' F R' S' R' S R2 F' U R .

Silky

Bump because speedrunning is a sister hobby.
Hey guys! Do any of you speedrun any video games?

I know @Aerma speedruns or at east used to.. I've been thinking about running Doom/Doom II/Doom 64 ( unity release on switch ) individual levels recently since they have in game timers. Celeste is also another on that's really popular w/ in game timer. There is also Into the Break which is a sort of puzzle game which is really cool.

I am a post grad student sadly

What are you studying, comrade ?

Last edited:

Silky

Yep, I used to speedrun Portal (Inbounds). I'd like to get back into it when I get the time.
That's awesome, such a cool speedrun. Lol, I remember doing ABHs on my XBOX360 back in the day and figuring out some out of bounds stuff.. For whatever reason the saveglitch didn't work on console so I had to come up with my own strats..

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
can i talk about dream's speedruns here? @qwr mentioned it (on the wrong thread though but now im posting on the right thread, i think) so i thought maybe this thread could be about discussing speedruns here too.

I dont speedrun but I am a big fan of SMB speedruns, Doom speedruns, SM64 speedruns, Zelda speedruns, Goldeneye 007 speedruns, and Perfect dark too.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
can i talk about dream's speedruns here? @qwr mentioned it (on the wrong thread though but now im posting on the right thread, i think) so i thought maybe this thread could be about discussing speedruns here too.

I dont speedrun but I am a big fan of SMB speedruns, Doom speedruns, SM64 speedruns, Zelda speedruns, Goldeneye 007 speedruns, and Perfect dark too.
yeah sure

I'm 10th on 60 second burger run on speedrun.com
wow nice
(sorry abt double post)

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
can i talk about dream's speedruns here? @qwr mentioned it (on the wrong thread though but now im posting on the right thread, i think)

Sure, we can talk about it here.

Geosquare's video was extremely convincing and I definitely believed Dream was a cheater. After all, those odds were insane, and according to the speedrun.com MC mods that was AFTER everything was adjusted in favor of Dream.

However, all of that is completely put in a new light when you watch Dream's response video(on his second channel, DreamXD). According to a "professional" in the field of statistics and probabilities, the odds were completely wrong, they were actually adjusted against Dream, and some of the fundamental arguments were incorrect.

Whether or not you think Dream cheated basically comes down to whether you believe the mods of Minecraft on Speedrun.com are better statisticians than someone who has a college degree and is a professor in that subject. Personally, I trust a statistics professor over the speedrun.com mods.

I'd also like to hear what @Kit Clement thinks of the situation; I know he enjoys watching speedruns(although maybe not specifically minecraft speedruns)

dream cheated and there is tons of evidence. It's simply improbable to get the luck he got, if not impossible.

The chance for that to happen is really low.

Please watch this; almost all of the speedrun.com Minecraft moderator's claims are debunked by a professor of statistics and probabilities

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel

Geosquare's video was extremely convincing and I definitely believed Dream was a cheater. After all, those odds were insane, and according to the speedrun.com MC mods that was AFTER everything was adjusted in favor of Dream.

However, all of that is completely put in a new light when you watch Dream's response video(on his second channel, DreamXD). According to a "professional" in the field of statistics and probabilities, the odds were completely wrong, they were actually adjusted against Dream, and some of the fundamental arguments were incorrect.

Whether or not you think Dream cheated basically comes down to whether you believe the mods of Minecraft on Speedrun.com are better statisticians than someone who has a college degree and is a professor in that subject. Personally, I trust a statistics professor over the speedrun.com mods.

I'd also like to hear what @Kit Clement thinks of the situation; I know he enjoys watching speedruns(although maybe not specifically minecraft speedruns)
Yeah. All true, but the mods probably have more experience with in-game stats

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Yeah. All true, but the mods probably have more experience with in-game stats

What do you mean? The main point would be the random generation(concerning Piglin bartering, Blaze Rod drops, etc.), specifically the method of random generation for each element(and therefore the probability of an event), which is clearly explained and understood by the professor.

Silky

Please watch this; almost all of the speedrun.com Minecraft moderator's claims are debunked by a professor of statistics and probabilities
Dreams video is not convincing at all tbh. He never actually delves into why the mathematics are wrong. All he says basically is ' I got some smart guy to say otherwise ' and then 90% talks about stuff that isn't really relevant. Just so you know his ' Harvard Mathematician ' remains anonymous.. There have been several other videos released addressing dreams video and explaining tons of errors in dreams report. The mods adjusted the maths in dreams benefits, fyi, generously I might add.

There was also a verified Astrophysicist on reddit which goes into detail on why the Harvard guy was wrong/ why the mods were correct. A+ for dreams PR team to try and weasel his way out of it but no, he cheated 100%.

Also this if you're not interested in the mathematics