• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing tips/help

Dystoxic

Hi everyone,

I am around sub 45 and am using CFOP, does anyone have any tips on what I should be practicing right now? I'm trying to learn look ahead but that will take some time and also, should i start learning pll and if so which ones should I learn first? Currently though i'm only using a rubik's brand, my yj yulong and moyu aolong v2 is coming soon so my time should decrease a little bit.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey!

learn look ahead

Lookahead isn't something you specifically learn; it's something that develops over time. It can always be improved, so just try to consistently work on it.

As far as PLL, definitely work on it. Order doesn't matter at all. Just pick the ones you can recognize best and memorize easiest to start, and then just take it from there.

The other option is to go with a different method than CFOP. If you're interested in possibly switching, here's a nice thread.