• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in California

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, well, same drill as last time, folks! If you need to contact me, email me ([email protected]) and I'll respond as quickly as possible. My email goes to my phone so I'll see it even if it's late. If you need my phone number for directions or anything, just email me saying that.

Everyone should bring their A-game as it's just before U.S. Nationals so we're all going to be competitive today as a warm-up for the big event. Don't forget to bring at least $2 for your entry fee if you want to compete in the unofficial competition. We may do $2 per event if everyone wants prizes for every event but, if not, then we'll just do a flat $2 entrance fee.

See you all there at 11 A.M. today!
-Daniel

kidink

tumblr_m75zz1KGPi1qepx1jo1_1280.png

What: Cube meet and unofficial competition with prizes for top placers.
When & Where: 11 A.M. July 21st, 2012 @ Barnes & Noble Balcony, The Grove and 11 A.M. July 28th, 2012 @ Food Court, Westside Pavilion Mall

The Avengers will be hosting two cube meets and unofficial competitions as part of our "Avengers Competition Series" which are to be the first of many. There will be a small entry fee ($2) for the unofficial competition so that we can provide prizes to the top three (top five if we have enough people). All entrance fees will go towards prizes.

Event-wise, we will be hosting 3x3x3, OH, BLD, 2x2x2, and 4x4x4. There's probably only going to be prizes for 3x3x3, but we'll see what we can do.

If you do not know who the Avengers are, we are a cube club mainly based in Southern California. You can learn more about us from our website: http://avengers.tumblr.com/

For those of you with questions or who may need help with getting to the venues, please contact me water delivery los angeles, Daniel Chan, via email: [email protected] I can provide you with my phone number should you require it, as well.

Please check back here often in case of any changes to the scheduled dates or venues.

Hope to see you there!
-Daniel a.k.a. Captain America

nice this looks like a lot of fun. hope i can come spectate!

WCA
2012BASK02
San Jose-kid cuber meet!

Kids cubing meet--Bring all your interesting cubes--show off your epic algs--have fun--at the kids cubing meet in south san jose
Register and get address info by sending your WCA id (if you have one), your favorite cube, and any additional info I need to know, to [email protected] or pm. If you have a parent who does not want to leave, do not worry, they are welcome to stay and I do have assistant parents to keep them occupied.

Date: Saturday, October 27, 2012
Type: absolutely informal and awesome
Things you should know: Must be under 16 years old

Me

Last edited:

SpeedSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
Kids cubing meet--Bring all your interesting cubes--show off your epic algs--have fun--at the kids cubing meet in south san jose
Register and get address info by sending your WCA id (if you have one), your favorite cube, and any additional info I need to know, to [email protected]. If you have a parent who does not want to leave, do not worry, they are welcome to stay and I do have assistant parents to keep them occupied.

Date: Saturday, September 9, 2012

Today is September 21st.

WCA
2012BASK02
San Jose, CA Kid Cuber Meet

Kids cubing meet--Bring all your interesting cubes--show off your epic algs--have fun--at the kids cubing meet in south San Jose.
Register and get address info by sending your WCA id (if you have one), Your name, and any additional info I need to know, to [email protected].
I do have assistant parents to keep your parents occupied.

Date: Saturday, October 27-could be subject to change

Me

Last edited:
WCA
2012CHIE01
20 or 27?
I'm not sure if I'd be able to come, but on the 20th, I could probably come after like 3 or 4, if you're staying that late.

EDIT:
Never mind. Just looked at my schedule and I can come on 27th, not 20th.

Last edited:
WCA
2012CHIE01
Finally! please email any info I need to know like when you are free to [email protected] or pm me. :)

grrr.. /annoyed
So apparently I can only go to this or Stanford Fall since they are just a week or two apart. So, since Stanford Fall is official and is a competition, I chose that.
:(:(:(
Sorry about that.
Hope you can get it to happen and that you guys'll have fun!

rk960925

WCA
2011KIMN01
Speedcubing in Los Angelos

Hi my name is Ricardo, and I'm part of the Avengers, if you know us.

I lived in LA until last year, but moved to Boston and I came back for the thanksgiving!!

I would really love to meet some LA cubers this weekend, so I am now presenting you, A CUBE MEET!!! :D

Time: Either Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th, depending on how people's schedules are.
Place: West Pavilion Mall in LA
Who: The usual cubers... anybody is welcome
Fee: None as usual, but I'd really like for people to bring their own lunch/snack money, because my budget is limited like most of yours :p
If not many people can attend, this event will probably be canceled (which is the last thing i want to happen)

Time will be finalized depending on you guys' schedule/preference!!

Plz reply below if you can come, with the information on which day!! :D

if more than 9 people comes, I will giveaway a pretty much brand new Shengshou 7x7 (This is how bad I want this to happen haha)
Hope to see many of you this weekend!

If not many people can attend, this event will probably be canceled (which is the last thing i want to happen)

BTW, So Sry for such a short notice...

P.S. Plz dont run away from home to come to this. I really dont want to go to jail :p

Last edited:

pdilla

lol. If an LA meet has 9 people as it's optimistic attendance estimation, then I know it's hopeless to search for a cuber way out here...

GL with your meet! I wish I could go!