• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpeedCubeShop - Professional Puzzle Shop - Based in California

Nukenin16

Hey camcuber, I heard that you guys offer lubing cubes with lubix and I checked it out. But I was only wondering if it was some reasonable amount like not putting a small small amount or is it just like Lubix modified cubes? Thanks for your answer.

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
Hey camcuber, I heard that you guys offer lubing cubes with lubix and I checked it out. But I was only wondering if it was some reasonable amount like not putting a small small amount or is it just like Lubix modified cubes? Thanks for your answer.
Hey! We definitely do not skimp out on our customer's and provide a good amount of lubricant :)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
TDM028
Have any UK cubers ordered from here before? How long has it taken puzzles to arrive?

E: if anyone's interested, it took around 10 days, no problems.

Last edited:

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
Just checking in! Going to try to be more active on the forums and am doing some little changes to the webstore to enhance user experience and accessibility. The easiest way to view the latest discounts, promotions, or giveaways is to visit our "Discounts & Promotions" section of the site. We currently have a $100 CASH giveaway going on and are about to launch a buy one get one free promo. Hope everyone is having a great summer and had a great time at Nats if you were lucky enough to attend!

Click Me

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Can you justify paying 40$ for a speedcube? I mean, I'm sure you've done a lot of work, but $40 is expensive. How many hours do you spend on each cube?

natezach728

WCA
2012SORI01
YouTube
natezach728
Can you justify paying 40$ for a speedcube? I mean, I'm sure you've done a lot of work, but $40 is expensive. How many hours do you spend on each cube?
Cameron puts so much effort into each CC cube he makes. From what I remember, he goes around the pieces and takes off any flash, looks for any other imperfections, has to lube the core and pieces with his special technique, rounds off the edges so they aren't sharp, and I'm sure there's many other things that I just can't remember.

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
CamCuber cubes are definitely not for everyone and do come at a premium for a few reasons. First, these cubes are all made by me and take about 1 hour each to produce from scratch. I am pretty busy handling everything else with SCS so I consider my time to be valuable which is part of the reason why I charge what I do for the cube. Take a look at description of the item to get a better idea of why I feel this cube is worth $40:

"This is the CamCuber ZhanChi 3x3x3. This ZhanChi is a limited production cube that comes professionally lubricated, tensioned, and stickered by CamCuber along with excess plastic being shaved by hand. The lubrication technique that is used on this item is what sets it apart from other DaYan ZhanChi's. Using the CamCuber ZhanChi Lubricant, important areas of the cube are lubricated thoroughly resulting in a long lasting speedcube. The original CamCuber ZhanChi 3x3x3 has not been re lubricated or tensioned in over one year and is still performing as well if not better than it did when it was first made back in 2012. If you feel that your cube has lost it's original feel within one year, you can send it back to have it evaluated and re lubricated free of charge if deemed necessary. Once broken in, many customers agree that this cube peforms better than modified DaYan cubes and usually cuts corners over 45 º. This item may be hard to rotate out of the box but will loosen up after a few solves - this process may need to be repeated for a few days before full breakin has occurred. Two editions of the CamCuber ZhanChi 3x3x3 are offered, the Special Edition (Shown in picture) and the Standard Edition. The Special Edition comes with Cameron's Sticker Set (High quality vinyl stickers that generally last the life of the cube and have beautiful shades) pre applied along with a CamCuber ZhanChi center logo. The Standard Edition comes with the standard DaYan sticker set pre applied along with the CamCuber ZhanChi center logo. All CamCuber ZhanChi 3x3x3 cubes come with the box autographed by the creator, Cameron Brown, and is numbered. Please contact us about availability."

I have only had one unsatisfied customer since I began producing these cubes years ago and have made over 200 of the ZhanChi's. These items are very long lasting and I feel are the perfected version of each cube (ZhanChi, GuHong, AoLong).

Cameron puts so much effort into each CC cube he makes. From what I remember, he goes around the pieces and takes off any flash, looks for any other imperfections, has to lube the core and pieces
with his special technique, rounds off the edges so they aren't sharp, and I'm sure there's many other things that I just can't remember.
That's correct, I make sure to take my time when producing each cube to ensure the best result :tu

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
SpeedCubeShop will be the official vendor of Nisei Week 2015 held in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles CA. We will have giveaways, sales, and a wide variety to choose from. Come on out if you are in the area and say hello to our friendly staff!

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
So you are charging ~$25 per hour to mod a cube, and an extra $5 just to put the stickers you use and your logo on it. I still don't get how you can justify paying that much for a speedcube.
That's what his time is worth. If he charged less for the time and effort he puts into the cube, too many people would be ordering them and he wouldn't have time left to handle his core business.

I think it's a reasonable price for experienced setup. How should a newbie know what proper tensions are or the right way to lube a cube? Those are skills that many hours of time and effort to develop. It probably took me 25 hours over the course of 6 months to get lubing and tensioning down. Paying somebody $25 to do it right the first time is a bargain.

Would you criticize a programmer for charging $25 per hour because all he does is push down some keys on a keyboard? Of course not. He gets paid for knowing which keys to push. Likewise, Cam charges for his knowledge and experience.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Ordway Persyn
That's what his time is worth. If he charged less for the time and effort he puts into the cube, too many people would be ordering them and he wouldn't have time left to handle his core business.

I think it's a reasonable price for experienced setup. How should a newbie know what proper tensions are or the right way to lube a cube? Those are skills that many hours of time and effort to develop. It probably took me 25 hours over the course of 6 months to get lubing and tensioning down. Paying somebody $25 to do it right the first time is a bargain.

Would you criticize a programmer for charging $25 per hour because all he does is push down some keys on a keyboard? Of course not. He gets paid for knowing which keys to push. Likewise, Cam charges for his knowledge and experience.
Plus no one is obligated to buy one, only the people who don't mind spending $40 on a cube are going to buy one.

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
In regards to the CamCuber line of cubes, I would like to add that I lay out EXACTLY what you are getting with your purchase to ensure that each and every customer is aware of what they are spending their hard-earned money on. Ever since I released the CamCuber line of cubes, I haven't used anything else personally. I do truly believe them to be the perfected form of each speedcube that they are made from going off of my experience to date.

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
SpeedCubeShop is now partnered with SpeedCubeReview! I am offering a 15% discount to any of the SpeedCubeReview readers, simply enter the coupon code "cubereview" during checkout to claim your discount. SpeedCubeReview will be posting a 4x4 comparison in the near future so be sure to check that out and see what 4x4 suits your needs!

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
I am super excited to officially announce SpeedCubeShop's new design! This new layout is going to change the way you all shop for puzzles. With tons of new features, a user-friendly interface, and reliable customer service -- you can't go wrong. Don't take my word for it, go check it out yourself! CLICK HERE

*Waiting for speedcubeshop domain to transfer, use clickable link in the mean time*

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
camcuber
Team SCS Uniform Designs (Opinions Wanted)

Alrighty so I am in the process of creating Team SCS, a speedcubing team made up of cubers all over the world. I have a few shirt and jacket designs mocked up that I would like your opinion on -- who knows, you may be wearing one! I will provide me details about the Team once we decide on a uniform :tu

Design 1
Team_SCS_7.jpg

Design 2
Team_SCS_6.jpg

Design 3
Team SCS Jacket.png

Design 4
Team SCS Jersey.png

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
channel/UCX5xp55Ms06qsUOckyrJSQA
I personally like the 4th design the best. I would go with 3 but not sure how great of an idea it is too use only use jackets, especially in hotter areas of the world. If both is an option, that would be what I would go with. I really like the white stripes at the shoulders on the 4th design, but not so much as a "border" as shown on the second design