• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubers in India!

suhas2112

YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't seen too many Indian cubers on this forum and wanted to know how many there were... I wanted to find people from Bangalore, in particular... I had a couple of questions:
1) Where are cubing competitions held in India and when are they held?
2) Has anybody had any shipping problems with DIYs from C4Y or 9spuzzles because of customs or any other reason?
3) Where can I find silicone spray in bangalore? I searched in about 6 hardware stores and they didn't have the slightest clue about it...

Thanks
Suhas

minsarker

i am from bangladesh but I live in the US so no help here, just thought id tell you

ManuK

I am from Kerala. I bought from C4U and did not have any problems with shipping.(via EMS)Tough luck,buddy.I think two competitions have been held so far,one in IIT Chennai(Shaastra Open,Oct 4-5) and other in Kanpur(Indian Open,Feb 16).

For getting Silicone Spray/Mould Spray, I must have asked in over 50 hardware(automobile) stores.I finally found one(h/w shop) who got it from Pidilite Dealers in Mumbai.Bangalore being a metro, there is a higher probability of finding one there.

Karthik

WCA
2008PUTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Suhas,
I am from India too and study in IIT Madras, Chennai. You can find the list of all the official WCA competitions here. We have had two competitions so far and will be having one more in IIT Kanpur on 13/14 Feb.

As for the puzzles, I have ordered from C4U a number of times and haven't had any sort of problem. And as ManuK mentioned, try searching for the cyclo-silicone spray with a pidilite dealer.If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Edit: Also we have a google group to plan travels, make bulk puzzle orders and other cube related stuff. Do check this.

Last edited:

suhas2112

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Suhas,
I am from India too and study in IIT Madras, Chennai. You can find the list of all the official WCA competitions here. We have had two competitions so far and will be having one more in IIT Kanpur on 13/14 Feb.

As for the puzzles, I have ordered from C4U a number of times and haven't had any sort of problem. And as ManuK mentioned, try searching for the cyclo-silicone spray with a pidilite dealer.If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Edit: Also we have a google group to plan travels, make bulk puzzle orders and other cube related stuff. Do check this.

Thanks for all the help... I'll try to find that silicone spray... As for the order, has anyone ordered by air shipping? Because I just ordered air shipping...

About the competitions, I won't be able to attend this one as I'm in the 12th grade and I have my board exams and entrances coming up... So, if there is another Shaastra open this year in October, I'll definitely be there!!

pawank7

hey!! i am from bangalore! my avg is abt 50 sec!! so dunno if i cud call maself a speedcuber!!

rahulkadukar

WCA
2009KADU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am from Mumbai and average around 40 seconds and can solve nxnxn Cube though I have only soved upto 9x9x9, I have got the basic Idea on how to solve any cube. I have also got the basic idea on solving a nxnxn Cube blindfolded.

Will meet you all in Kanpur

puzzlemaster

WCA
2008LAUD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm indian. But I Live in America :p Majority of my family are in Nagpur, Mumbai, and Pune. However I do have relatives in other areas as well. The competition in Nagpur was at a college my mom went too...she was even in the city at the time..unfortunately i wasnt even in the country :p

keshrish

Speedcubers in India

Hi,
I am a speedcuber from India with an average of 40 seconds and personal best 32 seconds on a storebought Rubik's brand cube. I wanted to know how many Indians have ordered cubes online and how it was delivered to your house. Also where are competitions held in India?