• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Somthing about Doing PLL

What is your Your Decision? 1 or 2?

• Total voters
YouTube
prasadmanjulago
this problem about how to do the PLL

1)after OLL recognize pll,do U or U' , Cube rotation,so now pll in the right align.now do the pll blindly and stop the timer.

2)after OLL recognize the PLL,do the pll.and align U layer by doing U or U' or U2,stop the timer.

I'm using 2nd.so what is the fastest?Im averaging 16 seconds.:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp

Nostra

WCA
2007WATI01
YouTube
Akinnostra
Actually your second proposition should be something like :
2) Recognize the PLL, do U, U' or U2, solve the PLL, align the last layer.

I'm doing this for a lot of PLL, but I'm still doing 1) for some (F, V, As) particularly for As and V, 'cause I'm not always sure what PLL it is before having align it.

I'm pretty sure that the 2) is better as doing U, U' or U2 twice is faster than rotate the cube.

YouTube
prasadmanjulago
Actually your second proposition should be something like :
2) Recognize the PLL, do U, U' or U2, solve the PLL, align the last layer.

I'm doing this for a lot of PLL, but I'm still doing 1) for some (F, V, As) particularly for As and V, 'cause I'm not always sure what PLL it is before having align it.

I'm pretty sure that the 2) is better as doing U, U' or U2 twice is faster than rotate the cube.

not rotating cube is faster.but you have look at the cube again after the pll.i saw some good cuber dont look at the cube after the pll.

MWilson

not rotating cube is faster.but you have look at the cube again after the pll.i saw some good cuber don't look at the cube after the pll.
No, you figure out the AUF while doing the PLL. You should be aware of how the pieces end up.

For example, know which corners and edge swap in a T perm, and then use that to figure out the AUF. On the usual T perm, the right side corners swap and the left and right edges swap. So, if the left front corner goes at the left back, then I will need to do a U after the PLL to finish the solve, because that corner is not repositioned by the T perm.