• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Somewhat Speedy Stan

StanMan

Hello speedsolvers! I focus on 3x3, with occasional dabbling in 4x4 and 5x5.

I've been enjoying 3x3 solving for about 2 years now, mostly with small communities among friends. Thought it was about time I joined an online group.

I spent a few months thinking beginner's method solving was amazing. Then i gradually started pushing my times and my methods. Moved over to CFOP and got under 1 minute with 2 look OLL and PLL. Decided to learn full CFOP which took me a year (I'm in my 40's and working full time, so that's my excuse). Tracking progress in averages of 100, I broke 40 seconds last Nov 2019, 30 seconds June 2020, and finally got under 30s in August, currently settling into the 27s area where I seem to have plateaued.

Pb single is 16.361, 20.833 truncated avg of 5, and 24.516 truncated avg of 12.

I'm currently managing to get sub-20 solves 2 or 3 times per hundred. Hoping to eventually get <20 s solves consistently. But learning CFOP and simply getting an average below 30 s was my original "big goal". I'm amazed at how it's possible to continue to improve, though I'm happy enough with what I've already achieved.

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
Hello speedsolvers! I focus on 3x3, with occasional dabbling in 4x4 and 5x5.

I've been enjoying 3x3 solving for about 2 years now, mostly with small communities among friends. Thought it was about time I joined an online group.

I spent a few months thinking beginner's method solving was amazing. Then i gradually started pushing my times and my methods. Moved over to CFOP and got under 1 minute with 2 look OLL and PLL. Decided to learn full CFOP which took me a year (I'm in my 40's and working full time, so that's my excuse). Tracking progress in averages of 100, I broke 40 seconds last Nov 2019, 30 seconds June 2020, and finally got under 30s in August, currently settling into the 27s area where I seem to have plateaued.

Pb single is 16.361, 20.833 truncated avg of 5, and 24.516 truncated avg of 12.

I'm currently managing to get sub-20 solves 2 or 3 times per hundred. Hoping to eventually get <20 s solves consistently. But learning CFOP and simply getting an average below 30 s was my original "big goal". I'm amazed at how it's possible to continue to improve, though I'm happy enough with what I've already achieved.
Welcome to the community, I hope you achieve your goal! I think this might interest you: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/older-cubers-discussions.37405/
There is also a Facebook group called Senior Cubers Worldwide, I think you'll be happy to join it.
anyway I hope you have a good day! :)
oh, almost forgot, read the forum rules to keep on track https://www.speedsolving.com/pages/rules/

StanMan

I just tried the weekly competition for the first time with 5 solves on the 3x3. Am I supposed to post video somewhere? Am I supposed to make a posting somewhere to register, aside from the competition itself? The built-in timer system is really nice, and I got up on the board, but I'm a bit confused about whether anything else is supposed to be done.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
I just tried the weekly competition for the first time with 5 solves on the 3x3. Am I supposed to post video somewhere? Am I supposed to make a posting somewhere to register, aside from the competition itself? The built-in timer system is really nice, and I got up on the board, but I'm a bit confused about whether anything else is supposed to be done.
Nope, you’re good.