• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sleep schedules- What's yours?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I was in California, when it started getting warmer, I found it harder to sleep at night and harder to stay awake in the afternoons. So I started napping when I didn't have classes in the afternoon.

Nowadays I sleep to night time hours as best as I can - 9pm to 5am.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
Naturally, I seem to sleep from about 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Completely wrong, and it really screws me up. So I'm trying to sleep at night, even though I suck at it. Lately, I've still been up until 3:00 AM pretty often, though.

DanpHan

WCA
2011WANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I usually go to sleep at around 11:30 pm and wake up whenever. Usually, I wake up at like 11:30 am (I don't have school or anything, so I don't have to get up at any particular time). I have a weird schedule haha

Last edited:

rowan

WCA
2014HOLO01
I care a lot about having consistent sleep.

Right now things are complicated because I'm between homes and couch surfing, but I used to sleep from 12:00am to 8:00am very consistently. Now, I sleep anywhere from 12:00am-1:00am until 7:30am. I'll probably adjust to 11:00pm to 7:00am when I've got an apartment.

I'd like to adopt a polycyclic sleep schedule and I have a job that allows that, so probably during the New Year I'm going to look into setting one up so I can maximize my time awake. ^_^

Last edited:

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My baby son is a bad sleeper so I get maybe 6 hours max and that is often broken. In an ideal world I'd sleep midnight to 7am and get a post lunch nap but that's reserved for child free holidays.

AlGoreRhythm

Aaaw, man.. sleep. I usually go to bed at around 8:00, but I got no sleep because of all of the stinkin' rain. I know I should be thankful because we are in a drought (California), but still... so unused to the sound of rain that I was up all night last night. Can you believe it, we received a FLOOD WARNING in the middle of a drought! I suppose it doesn't help my sanity that I have a small room with a skylight over my bed... really amplifies the sounds of HUNDREDS OF GALLONS OF RAIN AT NIGHT!!!#!&*$@*&

Okay, I'm done venting. :p

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
I care a lot about having consistent sleep.

Right now things are complicated because I'm between homes and couch surfing, but I used to sleep from 12:00am to 8:00am very consistently. Now, I sleep anywhere from 12:00am-1:00am until 7:30am. I'll probably adjust to 11:00pm to 7:00am when I've got an apartment.

I'd like to adopt a polycyclic sleep schedule and I have a job that allows that, so probably during the New Year I'm going to look into setting one up so I can maximize my time awake. ^_^
Polycyclic, not even once. I lack the motivation and free time. But I'm seriously interested if you do manage it. I used to think that when I left school I'd do it, but now I realise that there's just something really really creepy about being the only person awake all night. Plus imagine the electricity bills.

rowan

WCA
2014HOLO01
Yeah, I have LED bulbs, no concern there. Plenty of motivation to do it, the free time is a huge bonus. I'll update on the thread if I do it!