• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SkewbSkills: offline Tool to practice Skewb L2L Algs and First Layer

WCA
2014STEI03
YouTube
HugaCuba
Thread starter #1
For those of you that are interested in practicing the first layer on skewb or learning / drilling NS or Advanced algs for the last two layers, I created an offline tool (.exe) to help with that: SkewbSkills. It features a timer and you can select whatever types of algs you want to practice, or how many moves the scramble for the first layer shall consist of. You can also check / uncheck whether you want to become colour neutral and work on every colour (and not only on white, for example).

Starting_Screen.png FLT_Screen.png L2LT_Screen.png Folder_Scr_Structure_Screen.png

I'm a complete beginner in programming, and my experiences with other platforms than windows are close to zero. Therefore, the only way to use it is by unzipping the folder and starting the .exe (no problem on windows, but of course you need some third-party application on other platforms). But the code and every file is publicly available, so if you want to use the program anywhere else than on windows, using a python interpreter is another option. You can download the repository here.

For those of you that only want to download the program with its files, simply grab your latest version here. This page also gives instructions on how to use your own scramble sequences for the alg trainer, how to use the application and how to update to the latest version.

If you have further questions, want to request a feature, or give some python / pyqt advice, this would be very helpful.

Best regards and happy skewb practice,
HugaCuba (Annika Stein)

Want to hide this ad and support the community?