• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Skewb is definitely the best event there is.

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
PugCuber
Hi guys. I like skewb. so much so that I have reached a few podiums in competitions. My main is the wingy and I usually average from sub four to low four.
I respect your opinion that Skewb is very fun. I do quite like it. It looks cool, it feels cool, and it’s new! Newest added WCA Event! Skewb is fun!

WCA
2016SAVC02
Thread starter #20
Ignoring one's own preference, is there a logical objective arguement for what makes an event the best? I would suggest it's one where luck is a low factor yet the event is popular enough to have a lot of people doing it very seriously.
An event with low luck would probably be 7x7 or megaminx. But I doubt them being very popular and not a lot of people would see them as favourites. I think luck is important to make an event good. But not too much luck should be involved. It should be a mixture of luck and skill yet it should still be popular.