• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Skewb Discussion and Help

Sidster

WCA
2014TIPT01
Does anyone know the average and max move counts for a colour neutral face?
On a related note I can't seem to find any eg2 algs, in particular the pure pi and peanut cases if someone could please point me in the right direction.

To people who use my method, do you...owait. No one uses my method.
Carry on.

Woohoo! Skewb thread =) Even though Skewb probably doesn't deserve it.

In actuality, I feel like Skewb hasn't been explored enough as a puzzle. I haven't seen any sort of collaboration (except between Thom and Meep) to further Skewb endeavours, mainly because Skewb's not official.

Some things that'd be cool to explore:
- 2-side L4C+CLL recognition and solving (for Sarah's and my methods)
- An improved Skewb solver (Meep has one in MATLAB iirc)
- Various techniques and substeps (e.g. centre control, corner control, optimal blockbuilding)

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread grow!
Skewb DEFINETELY deserves it's own thread.

Celeritardum

Premium Member
WCA
2022DUMA01
I currently average high 5 with Sarah's Advanced and was wondering if I should first improve my TPS or learn NS to get faster. Or are there any other techniques I could practice to get better with Skewb?

I currently average high 5 with Sarah's Advanced and was wondering if I should first improve my TPS or learn NS to get faster. Or are there any other techniques I could practice to get better with Skewb?
NS I would only recommend for if you are Sub-4. Definitely use Polish Sledge/Hedge, and keep grinding solves. Getting good recognition is key. Also, which Sarah's Advanced tutorial did you use? This is because some tutorials don't give the best algs possible for cases.

However, as Nigel (who is sub 1.5 officially) said, EG-2 is not necessary.

Anti-CLL is good for most cases.

Also, learning something like TCLL or L-EG1 would probably be a better use of your time.
They meant EG-2 on Skewb lol. It is where you solve the layer where the corners are opposite and then you solve the rest using an alg.