• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Skewb Discussion and Help

Based on your username, I assume you're talking about Skewb? If so, I'd say there's a pretty straightforward way to get fast:
Sarah's beginner --> Sarah's intermediate --> Sarah's advanced --> practice until world class
Also, this is the Skewb discussion board. I think it's safe to say that you are right and that he's asking for Skewb help. :)

I’m trying to get help from world class skewbers with tips you don't really see on youtube right now I’m trying to get sub 3.5

Last edited:
WCA
2019LAWS01
No matter what I do, my sledge is always incredibly slow and clunky. I know how it's done but there's always something that goes wrong in the execution and I'm not sure what it is. Other info: I use Sarah's Intermediate, my main is a Wingy, I average just below sub-10, and my hedge is significantly better than my sledge.

WCA
2017MILL04
No matter what I do, my sledge is always incredibly slow and clunky. I know how it's done but there's always something that goes wrong in the execution and I'm not sure what it is. Other info: I use Sarah's Intermediate, my main is a Wingy, I average just below sub-10, and my hedge is significantly better than my sledge.
Are you using Polish fingertricks for your sledges and hedges?

If not, learn them!

If so, make sure youre mainly only using your thumb pointer and middle fingers, with your thumb on the front face and the two other fingers on the top face. The other two fingers should mainly not be involved.

WCA
2019LAWS01
Are you using Polish fingertricks for your sledges and hedges?

If not, learn them!

If so, make sure youre mainly only using your thumb pointer and middle fingers, with your thumb on the front face and the two other fingers on the top face. The other two fingers should mainly not be involved.
I think that might be the issue. I'll start doing that and see if it improves. Thanks for the advice.

Also, how do I fingertrick the move optimal Z perm? It always takes about four or five seconds for me to do it an it's super inconvenient.

WCA
2019LAWS01
Update: Thank you, weatherman223! You made me realize that I was using four fingers instead of three on my sledge, which got my average down to about sub-7. While I pretty much have given up on skewb recently, I just got an AoYan yesterday and I already love it more than the Wingy. It maintains shape, it's faster, and I actually like it so much that I might try to get good at skewb again. The reason I ended up not practicing was becuase my Wingy broke and the next comp I'm going to didn't have skewb.

Today i just got a 0.50 skewb solve with a 4 move solution.
Here is the scramble (i use cstimer btw): R' U R L B' U' L' B' L'
So i just want to know if a 4 move solution counts so i know if i should count it or not.