• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Skewb Discussion and Help

jam66150

im avg 25 seconds and i know i can do better i think the method is restricting me it is the one alg method any recommendations?

I have been doing skewb as my main event recently, and it is FUUUUUN! I know Sarah`s advanced method, and it has got me to sub 10. I have a horrible skewb right now, but I have the wingy on the way. I want to average 6 sometime soon and I could use some tips.

GarethBert11

WCA
2017PURB01
Hi! I'm currently average around 12 seconds on skewb since I got the puzzle last month. I'm currently using Sarah's Intermediate. Is there any tips to solve the first layer faster? Cause I did the first layer around 6-7 seconds. Thanks!

CRL0312

WCA
2017LORE01
How fast can you get with Sarah’s intermediate method on Skewb?
Personally, I’m not a skewb solver, and I don’t know the method, but my friend did use it and he got it pretty fast. Within his first week he was like sub-7 and he even got a like 2.5 solve at a comp. So yea I’d say it’s worth it, I mean it’s only like 10 algs right?

I am hoping to get sub-10 as well, and I average like exactly 10 with sarah's intermediate method, and I'm bad at recognising the second step. It is a fairly fast method in my experience with it.

I would definitely recommend it to any one who wants to be decent at skewb

Megaminxer

YouTube
Visit Channel
So its pretty much a daily occurrence that my sister will come in for no reason and smash one of my puzzles on the ground. My sister in a typical tantrum randomly came in and smashed my skewb on the floor. It's bearable when she throws a 3x3 on the ground and it'll maybe scratch a sticker, but the shengshou skewb is pretty fragile. I heard something rattling in the puzzle and one of the torpedoes broke off inside. How do I fix it?

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So its pretty much a daily occurrence that my sister will come in for no reason and smash one of my puzzles on the ground. My sister in a typical tantrum randomly came in and smashed my skewb on the floor. It's bearable when she throws a 3x3 on the ground and it'll maybe scratch a sticker, but the shengshou skewb is pretty fragile. I heard something rattling in the puzzle and one of the torpedoes broke off inside. How do I fix it?
Honestly, just get a wingy. Shengshou skewbs are super outdated anyway.