• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Skewb average of 12- 4.33 (tips please!)

TMarshall

WCA
2014MARS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Globally, I average around 4.5-4.6, so this is just slightly faster. Tips will be greatly appreciated. If you can't figure out what I did at one point because of the bad angle, tell me and I'll try to reconstruct it. Thanks!

P.S. the 4.33 average is just the first 12 solves. The rest are bj

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey VOV

WCA
2013STAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tip: Get a better camera angle
An actual tip: Try to improve your turning accuracy. This is something I need to work on also. Try to reduce the time it take to transition from sledge to sledge on your U perms. If you don't do this already, track the U center when you can, and look ahead as far as you can in inspection. If you are like me and are very slow and lazy with learning algs (if you are at that point) find good hacks for bad cases (like Peanut with U center on top + Z perm). Lastly, do lots of solves, timed and untimed. Your recognition will get much better with simple practice.