• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Simultaneous Inverse/Regular Cube Simulator

Sue Doenim

I recently got into FMC a bit more, and learned about NISS. NISS, Normal Inverse Scramble Switch, refers to a technique where, believe it or not, you switch between the normal and inverse scramble. The inverse of a state is defined by the moves used to solve it being "undone," so primes become normal and vise-versa, and the moves are done in reverse order. A state and it's inverse are curiously related, in many ways. All solved pieces will be solved in both states. If there is a block on the normal, there will be a corresponding block in the inverse, but it may be made of different pieces. There will be the same amount of misoriented edges, but likely in different places. So, on to the point of the thread. I would love to see a simulator that displays both states, and that allows you to manipulate both, seeing the effects on the other state simultaneously. I don't think this would be too difficult, but then again, my sole experience with coding deals with inspecting the element on the Google homepage and changing the logo and stuff. :p