• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should Curvy Copter be added to the Weekly Competition?

Should Curvy Copter be added to the Weekly Competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Four polls are being posted; note that only a maximum of two events will be added to the weekly competition.

This thread will be open for 15 days.

Vote yes ONLY if you BOTH want the event added AND intend to compete in it if possible.

Vote no if you specifically don't want the event added.

If the event receives at least 22 Yes votes (10% of the weekly average of participants) AND ALSO has more Yes votes than No votes, and is one of the top two events chosen, it will be added to the competition.

Responses other than Yes or No will not have any impact on the decision. Your response can be changed up until the poll closes.

The intention is to use a jumbling scrambler.

Last edited:

Sion

This would give me incentive to actually learn how to speedsolve curvy copter, which I like. It's also even ground, especially since edge-turning puzzles are uncommon in the speedcubing community. So to this, I say definitely yes.

Sion

Man... I'm really hoping we can convince more people; I personally love Curvy copter since it's so unusual and it's not trivial.

What I think is the issue is that it intimidates people; I admit, a jumbled curvy copter looks gnarly. Also, the hardware is rather limited. However, think of what cubers in the 80s had to deal with. If more people solve curvy copter, the more likely we'll get some new hardware out of it.

Not to mention, so many cubers today are spoiled with alg sheets, tutorials, guides, top-of-the-line hardware, etc.etc. If anything, accepting curvy copter is kind of like going back to the days where none of these resources existed for 3x3; I think it may be intimidating at first, but we can all really come to enjoy it.

LET'S GO CURVY COPTER!

Last edited:
C

Cubinwitdapizza

Something tells me it might be frowned upon. Not that it’s all that consequential of a vote, but it is technically voter fraud.

For the record I definitely support adding Curvy Copter, but my suggestion of alt accounts to stuff the ballot box was in jest.
Ya ik lol.