• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

share music you like

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Filipe Teixeira good stuff!

For anyone interested in getting into modern instrumental progressive metal I suggest the following essential listening.

*Pretentious Musical Snob Alert* Do yourself a favor and listen to these albums cover to cover; that's how the artist intend for their music to be heard- the music resonates and vibes more if you listen on a deeper level and try embrace yourself in the artists vision.

Cloudkicker - Beacons
Pomegranite Tiger - Boundless
Intervals - The Shape of Colour
Polyphia - New Levels New Devils
Chon - Grow (It's literally jazz metal)
Scale the Summit - The Migration
Animals As Leader - Joy In Motion
The Omnific - Kismet
Arch Echo - Arch Echo
Mestis - Polysemy
* If you dig this stuff also check out Angel Vlvaldi, Plini, Toe, Russian Circles, Sithu Aye, Chimp Spanner, David Maxim Micic, Pelican, If These Trees Could Talk

I could list 100 other bands across 20 other genres I'm passionate about but the last few years have been all heavy instrumental prog for me. Also, go listen to Gojira, it's progressive death metal with lyrics primarily focused on environmental consciousness and and mindfulness; the last few albums are significantly softer and more accessible to non-metal listeners.

Jazz is my second favorite genre.