• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Settings for aggressive turner

chocool6

I've noticed that I'm a fairly aggressive turner. As an aggressive turner, should I go with more stable or more loose cubes? Also, should I go for tighter or weaker tensions? I am experiencing lockups with my GAN 354M.

xcross

Stable! If you go with loose tensions and you'll encounter to many lock ups and you'll be out of control! Although, make sure they are stable is the Valk and GTS sense, not the Tight Strong springs stable.

There is no such thing as an "aggressive" turner. There are only good and bad turning styles, and what is commonly refereed to as "aggressive" is actually a bad turning style. Firstly, almost all modern cubes are designed for light turning, so you would experience lots of lockups with aggressive turning. Aggressive turning is also very high risk - low reward, as the risk of over shooting and locking is very high when applying lots of force. Aggressive turning has so many disadvantages, and zero advantages.

The best thing is to literally relax your grip and turn with a lighter turn style.
pros of lighter turning include: The ability to properly utilize all modern cubes, accurate turns and low risk of lockups and over shooting, and your hands will not fatigue as quickly. Switching to lighter turning is not hard at all, and can be done in no time.

I suggest watching this video by SCR who explains this in more detail.