• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Setting up the Moyu Huanying

Eduard Khil

I got the huanying today, and it feels pretty great.

Currently I'm using the factory tensions plus a few drops of Maru lube in the cube.
The corners feels a bit sharp, which I plan to sand it down later on.

How do you set up the cube?

Maccoboy

well first I solved it a few times, then I quickly stopped.

It feels to cheap, it's too loud and feels very unstable. It's not a very fun cube to use and most people dislike it.

Ingo

I liked the HuanYing, when it first came out, but i haven't touched one for a long time now.
I own three HuanYings and they all feel a bit different. The best HuanYing that i have is in green plastic (not important). I lubed it with diff oil
and have it on relatively loose tensions. But i'm not a fast turner, so loose tensions are not a problem for me. I guess faster
cubers would get many pops on that setup. My other HuanYings are on tighter tensions and i don't like them as much as the loose green one.
And yes, the cube is very loud and a bit unstable, compared to other cubes.

Eduard Khil

After a few days playing with it, it seemed pretty neat. Except for a few corner twists and pops, it is a fast cube.

Ive tried the Weilong and the Aolong that some cubers in my school own (I dont have those cubes), the turning is pretty smooth, but only that they didnt put any lube in it which it feels a bit slow and dry.
They are a bit heavy, but the Huanying seems to suit me more. The weilong and aolong seems a bit heavy, though it may not reach its full potential as it is not lubed

Im a roux-er which the huanying's M slices seem faster than the non lubed weilong and aolong and dianma. Probably using it for a few months, till i get a guhong.

BTW Im trying to find TRAXXAS Diff. oil around, and all I could find is some diff. oil of other brands (50 k weight). Will it be suitable for cubes?