• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sebastians Introduction

Sebastian_S

Hi Folks, how're things?

My name is Sebastian, 18 and I'm from Bavaria(that's between Germany and Austria).

I solve the Rubik's Cube 3x3 since about 2 years, but not realy regular. Most of the time i used the "Layer By Layer" beginners method. My average was about one minute.
Half a year ago i started with Petrus' method. But I didn't realy like it, so I continued with the "Layer By Layer" method. My average with Petrus' method was about 1.15 .

Two days ago I found my Rubik's Cube again and I began to learn Fridrich method. I use an intuitive F2L, at the moment about 6 OLL algorithms (I'm still learning ;-) ) and Petrus' Sune with Petrus' PLL algorithm to solve the edges.

My times with this system:
Cross: 7s - 11s
intuitive F2L: 40s avg
OLL + PLL: 30s - 40s

So far, that's all.

Take it easy,
Seb

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
your cube welcomes you back.

Just a question regarding your last layer. I don't use petrus or really know what the last layer consists of. But I thought it was orienting last layer edges while finishing f2l, then COLL then permuting the edges. Is this wrong? I dont see a point in learning OLLs plus petrus' last layer, and if you're doing full f2l without worrying about last later edges already, why not just go full fridrich? I do realize that you just picked up your cube a couple days ago and my petrus assumption is probably wrong, just kind of curious if this is a good middle step between LBL and full fridrich

ParityErrors

...I'm from Bavaria(that's between Germany and Austria).

WTF?? :rolleyes:

But I thought it was orienting last layer edges while finishing f2l, then COLL then permuting the edges. Is this wrong?
This is what normally was done. It is the way Lars describes on his site.
Nowaydays most Petrus solvers use the corner OLL algorithms and the PLL algs for the last layer.
That way you have reduced the OLL algs from 57 to 7.

I dont see a point in learning OLLs plus petrus' last layer, and if you're doing full f2l without worrying about last later edges already, why not just go full fridrich?
about 6 OLL algorithms...Petrus' Sune with Petrus' PLL algorithm to solve the edges.

I think he only uses the algs from Lars' site and not OLL & COLL.

Q

Sebastian_S

Hi Folks,

yeap, I use the 6 OLL by Fridrich AND Petrus' PLL, 'cause I'm used to it.

By the way, 1,20 is my new average with this method...not that bad for a Fridrich beginner;-)

Take it easy,
Seb