• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Searching for the Ultimate 2 Look CMLL Algorithm Set

cubacca1972

I have been solving the cube using Roux for the past couple of years, but with no real devotion to speed solving. I enjoy the cognitive aspects of cubing (exploring sub-steps, inventing methods, pretending that I can write a cube solving program, and so on), probably more than actually working on getting faster.

Based on time constraints and other obligations, I do not have much time to devote to learning, memorizing, and maintaining the ability to do a 1 look CMLL. I have not even devoted much time at all to learning 2 look CMLL. When solving, what I usually do is Sune or Anti-Sune the hell out of any case I see until oriented. Then I apply R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R2 once or twice as needed. Essentially, I know Sune, Anti-Sune, and FRUR'U'F' for the E case. Beyond this, I would have to look up the other cases. What can I say-Algorithms don't stick well with me.

In an attempt to improve, I plan on learning and nailing down an Ultimate 2 Look CMLL. I have the above mentioned algorithms nailed down, and am trying to put my list for the rest together. Here it is:

A Case: R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R2 or R' U L' U2 R U' x' U L' U2 R U' L
B Case: R U2 R' U' R U' R'
C Case: R U R' U R U2 R'
D Case: R U' r' U' F' U F
E Case: R' F' U' F U R
F Case: R U R' U' R' F R F'
G Case: x U R' U2 L U2 R U2 L' U
H Case: R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'

What I am hoping for is a set of algorithms that are are optimal or near optimal in length, and just feel good. Before I devote much time to burning them into muscle memory, I want to make sure that I have the best algorithm set possible for my ergonomic sensibilities. Knowing what I know about myself (time constraints, my sieve-like memory for algorithms), I want to avoid unlearning/replacing algorithms. My hope is that I can get the 2 look CMLL burned into memory, such that I can do it from memory, even if I don't cube for a while.

I understand that this is highly subjective, and that what will work best for me is not necessarily what will work the best for someone else, but I would like to get some feedback from the community. What are your personal favorite algorithms for each case? Do you think that any of the ones I have posted are exceedingly awkward?

already1329

A2: R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R2 x'
A6: R' U L' U2 R U' x' U L' U2 R U' R x'

B1: R' U' R U' R' U2 R

C1: R U R' U R U2 R'

D5: F R U' R' U' R U R' F'

E6: F R U R' U' F'

F5: R U R' U' R' F R F'

G1: F R U R' U' R U R' U' F'

H1: R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
snkenjoi
instead of learning a system where you do CP then CO or CO then CP or something like that

just learn a set of two algs that solve each case seperately

sune / niklas / fruruf / sexy hammer should be pretty much all you need

cubacca1972

instead of learning a system where you do CP then CO or CO then CP or something like that

I think that pretty much answers my other post on your building a better LL system thread.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
snkenjoi
I was going to generate CLL using it, but the cases are all trivial. It's really not even worth my time to do so.

That said, I finished organising a full subset of the LL system yesterday. Like finished finished. Go me.

cubacca1972

I was going to generate CLL using it, but the cases are all trivial. It's really not even worth my time to do so.

That said, I finished organising a full subset of the LL system yesterday. Like finished finished. Go me.
Well, trivial to you, for simple folk like me, not so much.

As for the LL system, possibly the most mind-bendingly cool thing I have seen around these parts in a long, long time.

cubacca1972

I have been working out the cases manually just for fun, and have found 2A1L for most cases, using Sune, Anti-Sune, F R U R' U' F', and R U R' U' R' F R F'. I am trying to figure out what fruruf is supposed to do. Can you explain it to me, or point out some useful resources?

Edit: unless fruruf means F R U R' U' F', in which case, never mind.

Last edited: