• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Searching for personal coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlemagne

Hello,

I am looking for someone to give lessons (Fridrich) via SKYPE and will offer a good fee. YouTube videos help but I really like the ability to ask questions and get answers immediately as in a teacher/student environment. I have tried and can find no one in my geographic area. Despite YouTube videos, I simply like the ability to ask questions and get answers from someone that is at the Expert/Master level. I will discuss details if you send a private message. I have done all I can do with the "beginner's method" and can, slowly after months (no improvement in time), solve F2L intuitively. Can solve utilizing beginner's method in 90 seconds or so. Regardless, I hope to find a coach and will arrange lessons according to your schedule. Please send a private message if interested. Fees will be quite good. I know there are many excellent cubers out there. Please, someone help me. Thanks! :)

BlackStahli

WCA
2011ZENG05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have a Facebook? I can add you to a cubing group there that can help you along your journey =).
You should add me too!

and to to OP:
Just know that, if you do eventually get a coach, you won't get faster instantly. Half of getting faster at cubing comes from learning new things, and the other half comes from practice. Although you may be able to learn new things (such as OLL algorithms), practice helps get your recognition and execution times lower, and, by extension, the solve time as well.

drogg

The nobleness of the people on this forum is astounding (see all above posts declining fees)!

In truth there are plenty of "experts" on this forum that will answer any questions you have within a few minutes of you posting.

In terms of helping you out. You say you use the beginners method and intuitive f2l and average around 90s? And you've been stuck at this time for months. I'd recommend looking up 4 look last layer and starting to learn some of those algorithms whilst continuing to practice your f2l. With this method you should easily be getting times From 30-50s with a little practice (maybe within 2 weeks).

What cube are you solving with? Are you able to turn the layers with a single finger?

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can do skype and help you for free (unless you really want to pay me). I teach people at my cubing club at school and everyone's down to at least 70 sec averages in less than 6 months with beginner's (cross, first layer, middle layer, orient edges, solve edges, put corners in right place, orient corners). I was down to around 35 sec with only f2l and beginner's last layer.

username is yuxuibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.