• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Scollier's Progress Thread | Determined to Learn 3BLD!

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone!!

I haven't been cubing much, but I do want to get back into cubing, and especially learn 3BLD. I've always wanted to do 3BLD, and I understand how it works, but I never remember the letter combos. I try turning the letters into words, but still, I almost always forget.

Do you have any tips?
I have the same problem...

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm determined to learn 3BLD, no matter how long it takes. I haven't cubed in a while, so I had to review the old poachman's method again (the one that I'm using to learn). I think the reason I failed with 3BLD last time was:

1. I didn't know the letters on the 3x3 fluently enough
2. I didn't have consistent letter pairs.
3. I was doing some incorrect setup moves.

I'm really hoping to not fail this time. I hope this all goes well : )
Any tips are appriciated!

I'll document my progress here:

Week 1 (1/31/21):
  • Reviewing method, practicing solves without blindfold, trying to become as comfortable as possible with swapping pieces.
Week 2 (1/7/21)
  • Writing down 3BLD letter pairs. It's very boring and takes a while, and I'm busy with school, but I'm not giving up!

Last edited: