• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Salvia Method Help Thread

WCA
2016WEID02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is a place for people to ask for help with the salvia method.
Overview of method:
  • solve two adjacent middle layer edges
  • bottom layer corners (done in pairs)
  • remaining middle layer edges
  • bottom layer edges (done in pairs)
  • COLL
  • ELL

Solvador Cubi

This post piqued my interest, so I have been looking into the Salvia method recently.

The wiki page says avg # moves are 44, but that seems low to me as an average, but I'm willing to see estimated move counts per step.

Lately, I'm also looking at Roux for the first time and I'm wondering if there's an efficient Salvia/Roux hybrid to me made.

Would Salvia be better if only 2 D-corners were solved, then solve the other 2 corners with Corner-Edge pairs, but in a Roux way like finishing a block, using M turns?

Also, the method proposes CLL/ELL, which could be one move fewer than OLL/PLL, but would it be even better if only the 2 Left/Right D-Edges are solved, then do CMLL/L6E?

anyone have thoughts?

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This post piqued my interest, so I have been looking into the Salvia method recently.

The wiki page says avg # moves are 44, but that seems low to me as an average, but I'm willing to see estimated move counts per step.

Lately, I'm also looking at Roux for the first time and I'm wondering if there's an efficient Salvia/Roux hybrid to me made.

Would Salvia be better if only 2 D-corners were solved, then solve the other 2 corners with Corner-Edge pairs, but in a Roux way like finishing a block, using M turns?

Also, the method proposes CLL/ELL, which could be one move fewer than OLL/PLL, but would it be even better if only the 2 Left/Right D-Edges are solved, then do CMLL/L6E?

anyone have thoughts?

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi
Or you could just use Roux.
Badum tish...