• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[AfR] Ryan Pin Harry - 5.37 Clock Single + 6.19 Clock Average AfR

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was there ! He also got NRs in basically everything, since he comes from mauritius.
"Comes from" is an exaggeration, he's lived in Canada for his entire WCA career and just recently changed his citizenship to Mauritius as a dual citizen. I'd guess he's a dual citizen by blood and is using it to milk records.

Last edited:

Nathanael

WCA
2019ROBE21
YouTube
Visit Channel
"Comes from" is an exaggeration, he's lived in Canada for his entire WCA career and just recently changed his citizenship to Mauritius as a dual citizen. I'd guess he's a dual citizen by birth and is using it to milk records.
Can the WCA do anything to stop him? Considering that to change his citizenship he had to get it approved by a delegate, is it against WCA policy or was it just a mistake by a delegate which he used to his advantage?

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can the WCA do anything to stop him? Considering that to change his citizenship he had to get it approved by a delegate, is it against WCA policy or was it just a mistake by a delegate which he used to his advantage?
WCA delegates check for valid identification (e.g. passport) when these requests are made. It's not against any regulation, I just think that it's meaningless to collect records in this way.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I have a portuguese citizenship. Could I change my country to Portugal ?
And I can confirm he was boasting a whole lot about his NRs.
You could, but it kinda just seems wrong, assuming you never lived in Portugal.

Also, Portugal NRs aren't bad. They aren't super low, but you'd actually have to get good at an event to get an NR.

DSR cuber

WCA
2015HARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"Comes from" is an exaggeration, he's lived in Canada for his entire WCA career and just recently changed his citizenship to Mauritius as a dual citizen. I'd guess he's a dual citizen by blood and is using it to milk records.
heyo
I’m Ryan and I’d just like to clear up a few questions that I noticed on this forum

1. My first competition was in Canada which is why I set that as my original nationality and I just learned recently that I was able to change it to represent my country (which I had citizenship for far before competing)

2. The NRs don’t matter to me except for the ones that I actually had to work to break (3x3 single)

3. the main reason for the nationality change was to put my country on the map, NRs aren’t my goal, no one knows about Mauritius, but setting AFRs is what hopefully puts my country on the map and eventually working towards a world record.

At the end of the day, I’m not doing this for approval. I’m doing it for myself and my country and criticism doesn’t distract me or control me, it’s fun to read and gives me a fun laugh at times, to all the people who support me, thank you, I hope I can continue to make you proud. Cheers.

Of course he's great at Clock - it was fate, with a middle name Pin! :)
Haha, yeah I’ve been told that a bunch of times

My middle name isn’t actually pin, pin is a part of my last name but it can get confusing

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
hey

I don't want to sound mean or unbelieving of you, but what do you have to say to this:

I don't know either you or WarriorCatCuber, but it seems like one of you has to be wrong(again, I don't know, I wasn't there)
Can we just not worry about it? This seems like pointless, meaningless discussion intended to find a culprit and berate them for it. Whatever happened, just move on.