• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Rubik's Magic and Master Magic Discussion

Lloyd1337

I got a Magic puzzle from Cube4You today. This is my first time using a Magic, so I didn't really know what I was doing. I folded it up, and... well... I can't get it back to a flat position again.

Is there any easy way to do this?

BTW, my puzzle is an 8x2 Magic. >_<

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Hmm, you might as well pull it apart with care and put it back together by referring to photos of the same puzzle online.

Then search for an online solution if you want.

Otherwise, don't use too much force when trying to solve it. It doesn't require much force...

Tim.

Lloyd1337

This thing is insane to restring. I've got all of my tiles laid out in order, and I've got all of my string loops in tact. I taped each of the pieces together so that they don't fall apart without taping over the grooves. I understand exactly how the string needs to go around the 3 tiles. But I can't get it to stay in place while I do it. Is there some trick to it?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thing is insane to restring. I've got all of my tiles laid out in order, and I've got all of my string loops in tact. I taped each of the pieces together so that they don't fall apart without taping over the grooves. I understand exactly how the string needs to go around the 3 tiles. But I can't get it to stay in place while I do it. Is there some trick to it?
Use 4 hands

SD14

Magic help

so i just got my first magic and was going for my first solve and something when wrong and now all the pieces are messed up and i dont know how to solve it but it is in the right shape that it should be in solved, then wheni put it back the other way i have it so the rings look like they are just like one space away form being connected

Last edited:

Musselman

YouTube
Visit Channel
Magic helps plz..

omg .. plz help me with my magic, i feel like a tool. so i just got my magic today and i have yet to solve it, because i mix it all up .. i didnt mean to lol. i have been on other sites looking up stuff, but only one time did it work.. and well i screw it up again and cant get it back together. any help or tips would be very helpful.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
google is your friend. as well as the search feature on this site. I got my magic a week or two ago and was easily able to find a site telling me how to solve my scrambled magic. I also on youtube easily found a tutorial (by Erik) for solving my magic properly very fast.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
and was easily able to find a site telling me how to solve my scrambled magic.

what site did you find? I found Jaap's page but it doesn't make any sense :confused:

ya same here

I eventually figured out his page, but it took about 20 reads through it... and then I only really understand the regular magic and not the master. Maybe I'll make a youtube vid on how to unscramble a magic. I haven't seen a video tutorial on it yet, has anyone else?

Musselman

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok its all good .. i got it back and know how to every time. good stuff.maybe make a vid on it soon when cam starts working

Alex DiTuro

Premium Member
WCA
2008DITU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my magic about two weeks ago, and I've gotten my PB down to 1.33. It's a lot of fun but mine breaks too easily. I've had to restring my magic at least two hundred times already.

link, if it's a magic tutorial you made, there's wayyyyyyy too many tutorials on youtube. It's not worth uploading. Of course, If it's a solve, go for it. :D

Last edited: