• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube solved while Handcuffed

illius

WCA
2015VIRJ01
So, I own a pair of TCH-840 rigid handcuffs (the standard ones with the metal bar between each cuff), the standard issue to UK police officers.

While on a video call with another cubing friend, I came up with the idea of doing a solve while handcuffed. So, I handcuffed my self, with my palms facing each other, in the formation used by the police (actually, I made sure that the keyholes were up so I could take them off after completion, and normally the hands are not facing each other, and are behind the back, although the position my hands were in I believe is used as a last resort on violent prisoners).

I then scrambled and solved my HuaLong handcuffed, with a time of 24.91 (pretty good, considering I am normally barely sub-26).

Does anyone know what the UWR is, and have many other people attempted this?