• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubiks.com Cube Very Stiff

Miikalsen

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sup People?

Well.. i bought myself a Rubiks.com cube 3x3x3 today from a local store. And this cube is extremely stiff and i can't fingertrick or almost turn it..

I wanted to lubricate it but i cant even open the edge pieces, is it even possible to open them ? or may i break it if i try more...?

And any tips on how i can make it as good as a speedcube?

Cheers!

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
Rubik's brand cubes generally don't make good speedcubes. That's just the way they are. You CAN pop open an edge piece (although it takes some effort), and you can lubricate it, but don't expect it to be amazing.

Shamankian

Have you turned the layer 45 degrees? If not, turn it 45 degrees then pry out the edge piece with the screwdriver :)

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Of course! I kinda assumed he'd do that.
Yeah do put it at 45 degrees to try to pop it out :)

Edit: Hm. Also try pulling at the centres (careful not to break em) while prying it out.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
You can pop out an edge but you'll have to be very determined to do so. It won't come off easily. You can lube it and I would say it's worth it. For me, it instantly dropped my times by about 30 seconds.