• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Club Advice?

PalashD

WCA
2009DUBE01
I have a small Rubik's Cube club in my institute and we have had a couple of meets. I give the people a small presentation about the cube.I show them the LBL and give a general intro to Roux, Petrus, FMC, BLD some theory and I also show them the records to get them interested. Also we have a small competition. Around 15 people have become interested. But I think I can do a lot more.

Can someone suggest me what else can I do?

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What sort of "more" are you going for? You could start aiming for an actual competition, or you could get them all sub-30 or something feasible like that?

Martijn

Everything is cooler when you wear matching t-shirts.

To get new members.. i guess just show people you can solve it, and ask if they want to learn how to solve it themselfs also.

cubemaster13

WCA
2009LEVY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
pay em... money is always the answer...

no but seriously, show them how easy it is and that you dont have to be a genius... also show em like huge, weird puzzles like the 7x7, gigaminx, teraminx, other stuff like that and tell them when you get into this club you will be able to solve them...