• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Brand Broken Core

venom1776

Ok so I've been cubing for about a year now and I've been using the same store bought Rubik's brand 3x3 the entire time. I've take it apart every now and then to rub away plastic dust and whatnot and the last time I did I found that the blue side of the core was broken. The square top where the sticker is placed has actually broken off from where the black cylinder tube thingy part of it is attached to the white-ish tan core piece (rip apart your own and you'll understand better). And although it sucks that it is broken I don't think I really care all to much considering it has made the blue side considerably faster than the other 5 and I have yet to run into any problems with the cube popping. So I was wondering if any of you have had the same issue and if you have problems because of it. And I'm thinking of buying another cube from the store and breaking it in for a bit and then breaking all 6 sides to match my current broken one. What do you think?? Sorry I have no pictures.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're going to buy a new cube, I recommend getting a DIY (usually from cube4you.com).

Also, use paragraphs or check what you've typed before posting please.
I'm not trying to sound picky, but if you're asking for help it would be make it easier for people to help you this way.

And welcome to the forums. :)

Last edited:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
my blue side broke, but it actually did completely break, so i got a edison cube, and i have finally managed to fix it, and i used a spring based structure (i ended up breaking all sides so i could do this) but now mine sucks. my edison cube rocks tho. get one from www.edicubes.com