• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rub Leather to solve faster :)

S@LT!

seriously try it, just rub your fingers on a leather belt or wallet for afew seconds before you solve. it gives you better grip and control, makes your solves smoother.

TeddyKGB

WCA
2012DELI01
How have you not been perma-banned yet?

I was wondering the same thing about you:rolleyes:

on-topic: I don't see how this would help at all. I don't even understand how you came up with the idea. Did you just happen to touch your wallet and then set a new PB and think "wow it must have been the wallet"

Raffael

WCA
2007ORTR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
dunno about rubbing leather, but i found out that washing my hands with soap gives me a better grip.
i guess it's just something about less sweat on your fingers.
actually having sweaty fingers means up to 40% slower times on clock for me.

When I have time, I'm going to do some sets of 25 or even 50 solves:
one without doing anything, one with washing hands with soap every few solves, one with using a normal towel, one with my wallet, one with a leather cloth.

post here, if you're interested in seeing the reesults and/or you want to have something included.

aronpm

How have you not been perma-banned yet?

I was wondering the same thing about you:rolleyes:

on-topic: I don't see how this would help at all. I don't even understand how you came up with the idea. Did you just happen to touch your wallet and then set a new PB and think "wow it must have been the wallet"
Why would you want to ban Dene?

But I agree with you. I think OP was just committing a little post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

xXzaKerXx

Aren't you the guy who has those crazy ideas to improve solving times?

hawkmp4

Wow. Seriously guys? This isn't baseball...cut the superstition...or at least present it as superstition, not fact...

hawkmp4

To get faster solves watch colorful anime (for color recognition), wash your hands with syrup and cold water (for grip), and do pilates to get your blood going.
That actually has some serious basis, though.

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
Or you could just ......um.....practice? :p

Even when you completely learn a new move set, or even new method, there are still ways to improve it. ALWAYS. can you fluently do your intuitive F2l? Learn some advanced tricks. Multislotting. Wrong and swapped slot methods. LL edge control. One look LL (JK). But really. Learn some new technique. It'll make you a lot faster. If you never stop learning new things at the cube, you'll always get 'better'.

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or you could just ......um.....practice? :p

Even when you completely learn a new move set, or even new method, there are still ways to improve it. ALWAYS. can you fluently do your intuitive F2l? Learn some advanced tricks. Multislotting. Wrong and swapped slot methods. LL edge control. One look LL (JK). But really. Learn some new technique. It'll make you a lot faster. If you never stop learning new things at the cube, you'll always get 'better'.

And then there's 1 looks first 3 layers :rolleyes: