• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] RS3M 2020 Issue

Nughm

I recently remember about this website and have a question about my RS3M.

Even when I bought it in February 2021, after 10-20 solves I have an issue where the pieces have some sort of dust on it. Never happened with my Gan AIR SM or Valk. I'd say maybe the black plastic hid it but these dust like stuff are brownish...

Anyone else have this issue, if yes is there a way to fix it?

(If you can't see it properly it's on the blue half of the white-blue edge), on the other pieces as well but that was the clearest

1668416787730.png

sDLfj

WCA
2023RIDN01
I have this same problem, even after cleaning it it still occurs. I also have a dog (who doesn't shed much, but there is still some hair floating around) and when I opened the cube the core was literally wrapped around with dog hair. I don't know how this happens but I'm thinking it must be a design flaw. I think lubing the cube well makes a difference, but after using it a lot, that color on the pieces will still likely occur.