• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux Blockbuilding and LSE (4a only) tips please?

Thom S.

4a is relatively easy. Your FB has a bottom colour. Therw also is a Top Colour you get when doing CmLL. Everyone of the six edges has one of those on one side. Conveniently, for EO, you try to get those to match. So every Edge on top needs it's Top/Bottom sticker to be on top and every bottom edge needs it's Top/Bottom sticker to be on bottom. Due to parity you can deduct this by looking at the top four stickers and FD.
For starters, reduce cases to M' U M and M' U M U2 M' U M.

GodCubing

I need help with Roux Blockbuilding and 4a (LSE). I realized that I take 12 seconds to make the first block. Help please? thanks.
Kian Mansour has good videos for block building noob to pro,and critical cubings video is helpful too. Also, I recommend kavin th...'s video on first block efficiency

povlhp

You need to plan at least the first 2x2 of FB during inspection. Use more inspection if needed..
I am not experienced (started december) and not super fast (Ao100 broke 45s, Ao12 like 42s), and I can always plan at least 2x2 - rarely full FB. Cubeast says I am under 9s on the iCarry. Many are faster, but a few outliers makes it look bad. SB is under 15s. SB is one of my weak spots.

Try many slow solves, good inspection, and try to focus on movecount. I get many FB in 8-12 moves. I am sure a block trainer helped me a lot. Just start out with 4-move solutions.

Turn speed will come, I increased my average TPS with about 20% over the last month or so.

And for 4A, Kian has all the cases with algorithms. Just learn them. I still have not learned 6 wrong edges, but just runs M' U2 M' to get it to a case with 1 wrong top+bottom.