• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux average 23-25, how to get sub 20

saxcuber4

I have been using the Roux method for about a year and a half, and i quickly dropped my 45 second average to sub 30 in less than a month using it, however, i have been averaging about 23-25 seconds for the past 6 months, and have not improved. I have occasional sub 20 solves, but they are few and far between. Any tips as to haw i can get sub 20?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Turn slowly. If you're pausing any time except before/after CMLL, you're turning too fast. Don't turn too slowly, obviously, but try not to pause in your first or second block, or during LSE. Learn full CMLL if you haven't already learned it, and look on algdb.net for better algs. Look at reconstructions of solves in the Roux example solve thread, and try to find solutions for block/LSE cases that are better than what you use at the moment.

rybaby

WCA
2013PRZY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Make sure your movecount is good (50 is good if you know full CMLL).
Then just practice and always ask yourself where your weak points are. If you film some solves, you and others can pinpoint your weak spots, then you know exactly what to attack when you practice next. Good luck!