• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ribbon Method vs ZZ-CT

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums and I thought I might as well say hey and ask a question.

So, I've recently started learning TTLLs for ZZ-CT or Ribbon Method. I can't decide, although I'm leaning towards the Ribbon Method despite the slight higher alg count. Are the skip chances with Ribbon Method the same as ZZ-CT? I'm unsure how to calculate it. And I know they are both highly unresearched methods, especially Ribbon, but are there are any things that make either method superior? Or is there a better method than both of these. I don't want to use any of the big 3 methods, I've tried all three and I feel the Ribbon Method and ZZ-CT would suit me better, even if they aren't as good.

Cheers

OreKehStrah

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums and I thought I might as well say hey and ask a question.

So, I've recently started learning TTLLs for ZZ-CT or Ribbon Method. I can't decide, although I'm leaning towards the Ribbon Method despite the slight higher alg count. Are the skip chances with Ribbon Method the same as ZZ-CT? I'm unsure how to calculate it. And I know they are both highly unresearched methods, especially Ribbon, but are there are any things that make either method superior? Or is there a better method than both of these. I don't want to use any of the big 3 methods, I've tried all three and I feel the Ribbon Method and ZZ-CT would suit me better, even if they aren't as good.

Cheers
Ribbon is essentially a variant of CFOP and as a result the chances to get a skip are way lower than ZZ-CT since you won’t always have the edges preoriented. That said, ribbon is probably easier to get fast at than ZZ-CT. Also, I’m slowly generating better TTLL algs for a CFOP technique I proposed called free slotting

Ribbon is essentially a variant of CFOP and as a result the chances to get a skip are way lower than ZZ-CT since you won’t always have the edges preoriented. That said, ribbon is probably easier to get fast at than ZZ-CT. Also, I’m slowly generating better TTLL algs for a CFOP technique I proposed called free slotting
Could you show me your algs, I'm using Justin Taylor's, and many of them aren't great. Also, that sounds like an interesting technique.