• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Returning from Cubezz

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone have any experience returning items from Cubezz? They sent me the wrong color of cube. I emailed them and they acknowledged some inventory error, but in two emails from them they only said to send it back, not how (at least not in a way I could understand). I assume most stores would give me a return label since they cover return shipping for wrong items sent, but I couldn't understand their English in their response. If I sent it back using USPS, it would be $12, as much as the cube itself.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've done it. The cube "got lost" and I never got a replacement or refund. Mainly because they insisted on a method without tracking. Since they were going to cover shipping costs, I agreed. So I was out the cost of the cube and the shipping.

That was the last time I bought from Cubezz.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've done it. The cube "got lost" and I never got a replacement or refund. Mainly because they insisted on a method without tracking. Since they were going to cover shipping costs, I agreed. So I was out the cost of the cube and the shipping.
My gut feeling is that given how complicated and unreliable the China EMS Post shipping system is, it's just not worth the effort trying to return it.
I thought about just keeping it as a duplicate in my collection (I wanted black and primary Fangshi Shuangren, they sent me white), or selling it on eBay at a discount. It's an old cube now but maybe someone will want it for a collection. Probably old Dayan or Alpha cubes are more collectible (those are the ones I really wanted)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
They gave me a return address to somewhere in Shenzhen but I don't know of any way to ship to China under $20. I assume cheap international shipping is only available for businesses, and shipping from China to US is a lot cheaper than the other way around. If anyone knows any cheap shipping, please tell me.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've never had cubezz packages get lost, and mine have to ship all the way to South Africa. Did not know this was something that happened to Cubezz parcels. Luckily I've never been sent the wrong cubes either.. Maybe I should just entirely stick with ziicube if this is something that might happen in the future..

Itsmafy

Never send anything back to China. Specially something that is cheap. Open a paypal dispute and try to get a complete refund or at least a partial one.

Don't pay for their mistake.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Never send anything back to China. Specially something that is cheap. Open a paypal dispute and try to get a complete refund or at least a partial one.

Don't pay for their mistake.

How exactly is this going to convince PayPal if the store has a return policy?

Itsmafy

How exactly is this going to convince PayPal if the store has a return policy?
Pretty sure Paypal doesn't care about store policies. You got the wrong product and they will try to give you a solution that doesn't cause any hassle to you.

If cubezz wants you to send the product back they should pay the shipment costs in advance.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty sure Paypal doesn't care about store policies. You got the wrong product and they will try to give you a solution that doesn't cause any hassle to you.

If cubezz wants you to send the product back they should pay the shipment costs in advance.

That's what I thought too. I keep asking them for a return label but they won't give me one.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Update on situation: I filed a paypal dispute with my picture of the order. Cubezz representative said they couldn't provide me a return label. After a few weeks of waiting, paypal decided in my favor and gave me the original $12. So I have a not very useful white shuangren to keep or resell if someone really wants one for some reason.

Unfortunately for some older harder to find cubes, cubezz is the only place I can find them. The shuangren is still in stock on hknowstore and I have faith they will send me the right item.