• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Repeating Algs Question

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
No, that's not what he was implying. You're reading it wrong. He was saying "start from a solved position, and do the algorithm, and given enough time the cube will be solved again", not "you can solve any scramble with any algorithm".

No, that's not what he was implying. You're reading it wrong. He was saying "start from a solved position, and do the algorithm, and given enough time the cube will be solved again", not "you can solve any scramble with any algorithm".
any algorithm, given time solves the cube
I don't really see that anywhere... But I do acknowledge that fact.

That's only assuming the cube is already solved, he never said it was.
Please read the discussion about the devils algorithm.
hahaha true what i meant was any algorithm turns a cube from solved back into solved given time,, and i was watching the high school musical series at the same time :( so im not sure how many times i turned the cube but the trip was 6 hours

Lucas Garron

Staff member
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
LucasGarron
RU repeats, I used to play around with that back when i used the LBL method. :p

Repeats after you do it about 67-68 times if I remember
R U' repeats after 64 i believe, that must be what your referring to
Could we please not be stupid and only post when we actually have an idea about something, instead of remembering/believing incorrectly? (It's 63 for RU' and 105 for RU.)

Last edited:
RU repeats, I used to play around with that back when i used the LBL method. :p

Repeats after you do it about 67-68 times if I remember
R U' repeats after 64 i believe, that must be what your referring to
Could we please not be stupid and only post when we actually have an idea about something, instead of remembering/believing incorrectly? (It's 63 for RU' and 105 for RU.)
Darn i was one off by one but yet i am so stupid. My life is ruined:eek:

While I understood that what miniGOINGS meant was that any alg, repeated enough times, will return the cube back to its initial position, but I also agree that he never mentioned that you were starting from a solved state, so his post sounded like he was implying any alg is the devil's alg, IF you take his post out of context.