• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Relationship between time and number of puzzles

hic2482w

WCA
2011NGUY03
YouTube
Visit Channel
There probably is a relationship between your time and the number of twisty puzzles you own (the lower your time, the more puzzles). I have been trying to think of a formula for this, but I can't. Anybody want to help? :D

For the record, my average is 26 seconds, and I own 7 puzzles.

Kynit

Number of puzzles or number of distinct puzzles?
I average 25 seconds, have 6 puzzles, and have 4 different puzzles.

maggot

seriously? there is no relationship between the number of puzzles you own and the time it takes you to solve a 3x3.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's obviously no formula you can write for this, because different people with the same time can have totally different numbers of puzzles. And plus, as TheMachanga said, most people with a huge number of puzzles can't solve fast at all.

Drake

I only average around 50 sec and i have over 40 twisty puzzles... Maybe for the 3x3's faster you are more 3x3 you will have, but not for all twisty puzzles.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not really. Your statement is just too broad. There are some collectors (like Stan!) who own tons of puzzles and don't care about speedcubing. And some cubers get sub-15 without owning many cubes.

However, I would agree that there are reasonable correlations between the following:

Cubing speed - involvement in the community
Involvement in the community - stronger interest in various puzzles
Stronger interest in various puzzles - owning more puzzles

maggot

Not really. Your statement is just too broad. There are some collectors (like Stan!) who own tons of puzzles and don't care about speedcubing. And some cubers get sub-15 without owning many cubes.

However, I would agree that there are reasonable correlations between the following:

Cubing speed - involvement in the community
Involvement in the community - stronger interest in various puzzles
Stronger interest in various puzzles - owning more puzzles

hahah i wish my cubing speed correlated with my involvement in the community. maybe i should start participating more >_>

sofeeuhh

Not really any association. Ex: blizzardkb has like 100-200 puzzles and he can only solve the rubik's cube in a minute or two.