• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Regarding Praetorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhysC

WCA
2014CAMP02
YouTube
Visit Channel
First and foremost, I'm going to say this will be a gloomy post. This is NOT a joke.

I've known Praetorian in the YouTube community for about half a year now, and like anyone, he posted videos of solves, commented, etc.

He had never expressed any signs of sadness before, or whatever. He was always an upbeat and funny character on both YouTube and Speedsolving.

However, on February 14th, 2016, he uploaded a video to YouTube named "im gone". The description reads: "I'm probably dead by now, I'm just going to end my life".

He was active on Speedsolving.com 1 day later, and since then he has not been active on any platform.

You can view his most recent video here:

Please, if anyone knows of anymore information, please inform me.

Praetorian if you're still here, please know that if this is a joke, it is not funny in any way, shape or form.

He will always be remembered as a charming, enthusiastic and funny member of the community. RIP, my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
As someone who has been suicidal, and knows others who are/have been too, it pains me to say that I don't think he was joking. We folk do not tend to joke about this sort of thing so bluntly, or at least say this stuff on a public platform if we have no real intentions of actually acting out on them. This kind of behavior usually means either-
A) It's a desperate cry for help for someone to intervene before he actually goes through with it, or
B) It's the "point of no return" and he really did attempt suicide soon afterwards

I really hope that it's either (A) and someone did intervene, or that I'm completely wrong and he is joking, and that he's okay.

No matter how tempting it may be for one suffering with Depression, suicide is never the best option.

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd just like to thank Rhys for..caring, I'm still alive yes I was close to committing suicide, and admittedly I have had these thoughts in life before this, but I've never actually brought myself to do it and probably never will. sorry for scaring some of you, it's not a joke at all I assure you, but I won't be killing myself. some uh...personal issues occurred, still lingering, I don't know how long it'll take to get over these feelings but I usually get over it, just a matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.