• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

refrotsnezte progression thread 3x3 (maybe 4x4 and 2x2)

refrotsnezte

Hi guys,
I decided to do one of these as well.
I got into cubing again a few weeks ago.

I started with relearning the f2l concepts and 4LLL. Once I got that I started leraning the PLL‘s again which is going pretty well.
I‘m currently learning the last 4 PLL (g perms)
My pb is around 22 seconds.
I‘ll get back to you when I‘m done with that.
The plan after that ist to start learning full oll and to practice f2l lookahead (which im absolutely terrible haha) and maybe the cross (which im also not very good at 😄)

I‘m practicing like this atm:
-ao100
-50 „solves“ with an alg trainer for the last 3 to 4 PLL i learned
- another ao100/ao50 (depends on the time i have)

Goals:
Single: sub 20
Ao5: sub 25

i ordered a 2x2 and a 4x4 so maybe I‘m going to include my progression of those cubes when i get them.

if any of you have tips for what i should leran next or if i could improve my practice routine. Feel free to tell me

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learning my last pll at the moment (gd) and i got my first sub 20 single 🎉 (19.19). It was a pll skip but skill counts haha. I got like 5 20.xx times before that. And i got an ao5 of 25.01
Great job, I hate getting multiple times that are just milliseconds off of a PB or goal, but sooner or later you get that solve that gives you what you want.

refrotsnezte

I can now do full PLL 🎉. I’m now trying to improve my finger tricks and implement them in my algs, because i noticed i hardly do any (no double flicks, no pinch turns). I‘m also gonna work on my f2l and learn some algs for the harder cases

refrotsnezte

double flicks is easy you just use 2 fingers for u and d moves
Yup i noticed that too. The d double flicks are a little bit tricky but the u ones are pretty easy.

I decided to learn full OLL next. I know I don‘t really have to yet but learning pll was pretty fun and it can‘t be bad to know all algs early on,

I also have a new ao5 pb (24.23)

refrotsnezte

Good idea to learn the dot cases first. They are also the slowest in 2 look. I‘m actually gonna do that thanks.
I finished learning the t, c and to other groups of OLL cases and I will start with the dot cases now.
I improved nearly all of my PB‘s. The 18s single still stands. But what makes me the most happy is that I improved my ao5 PB by almost 2 seconds. It‘s now 22.7 🎉
It‘s so satisfying to see improvement. Sub 24 fullstep is not that rare. If i had gotten that time with a PLL skip a few weeks ago I would‘ve been soooo happy

updated goals:
- sub 15 single (i have to get very lucky for that)
- 20s ao5
- sub 27 ao100 (current pb: 28.12)
- learn full OLL by the end of october

I‘m still waiting for the 2x2, 4x4 and the tornado v3. The shop said it will ship on 26th september but they pushed it back to the 30th 😢 so it will take a few weeks before I start posting about those cubes.

refrotsnezte

hey guys sorry for not posting. I haven't cubed much the last few days because uni started. But I'm now done with the dot OLL and I´m gonna learn the I and fish shapes next. In today's ao100 I improved 3 PB´s. New mo3 PB (22.03); New ao12 PB (25.03); New ao50 PB (25.90).
The cubes I ordered still did not arrive haha but they fiiiiiinally got shipped on Tuesday and should arrive next Tuesday, but they might arrive on Monday or even tomorrow.
Ihm gonna give you the next update when I'm done with OLL, or when I improved one of my PB´s or when the other cubes arrive. When that happens I'll probably include 2x2 and 4x4 in this progression Thread.

refrotsnezte

Improved my Pas today. new ao12 pb is 23.43; new ao50 pb is 25.84 and new ao100 pb is 26.52. the ao50 and ao100 I improved only a little bit but I managed to shave off more than 1.5 seconds of the ao12 pb. I'm very happy with that