• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Redi cube

WCA
2019WILK04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I too would like an event to replace feet, but the records for Redi cube would get too fast too quick, I think a higher order megaminx or pyraminx might be better as the UWRs aren’t as fast

Hazel

Premium Member
I too would like an event to replace feet, but the records for Redi cube would get too fast too quick, I think a higher order megaminx or pyraminx might be better as the UWRs aren’t as fast
Yep. The Redi cube UWR single and Ao5 are already almost 100% luck-based, it's way too simple and fast of an event to even be considered. It'd just be another 2x2/pyraminx/skewb. I'd vote for a cuboid, gigaminx, and master pyraminx.

Capcubeing

I wish, but unfortunately it's not that simple. We don't get new events particularly often, so there would need to be a really big push from the community for the WCA to even consider it.
I would like to see a shape mod in the WCA NOT MIRROR BLOCKS I dont like big cubes so I would not add 8x8 but I honestly think 18 events is a lot so maybe we should just keep the WCA the same.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I think a higher order megaminx puzzle like gigaminx or master kilominx. This would definitely be interesting events to see added. Maybe another shape shifting puzzle but idk..
The problem with those is time. Gigaminx UWR is literally like 4-5 minutes; therefore an average megaminxer with about 1:20 solving time would be like 10 times slower and probably not make cutoff. I’m personally a proponent for master pyra, it has a lot of room to grow but is not too long so that no one could really compete.

WCA
2019WILK04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The problem with those is time. Gigaminx UWR is literally like 4-5 minutes; therefore an average megaminxer with about 1:20 solving time would be like 10 times slower and probably not make cutoff. I’m personally a proponent for master pyra, it has a lot of room to grow but is not too long so that no one could really compete.
I agree. I think master pyraminx is definitely the best option for a new event, but master Kilominx is also a good option

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that some people who average close to 60 in megaminx average something like 12-13 minutes on gigaminx. It's pretty unfeasible unless we literally just do a single solve per person.

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally would "vote" for Kilominx, although Master Pyraminx probably has the highest chance of making it (if any at all).

Gigaminx???
Haha no way too long
Also ones I'm certain will never make it into WCA are any 3x3 shape mod (Ex: Mirror Cube) and anything that UWR is >3 min

Edit: Just realized the title of this thread is 'Redi Cube'.... oops. Here's my thoughts- Isn't it just as or even more luck based than 2x2? Many people already dislike 2x2 because it's luck based...

Last edited: