• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Reactive website for my cubing algs

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quite some time back, I built a reactive website for my cubing algs, mainly for personal use but also to share with friends.

It’s by no means a replacement for AlgDB but it's probably useful to other cubers due to some of the features that it provides.

Features
  • Includes 2H and OH algs for intermediate and advanced sets
    • Displays 2H + OH horizontally (i.e. two columns) on tablets and desktop computers
    • Displays 2H + OH vertically on smart phones and small tablets
  • Multiple views for larger sets
    • e.g. OLLs can be ordered by shape, corner orientation, edge orientation, case number, etc.
    • Provides a "grid" view which is handy for larger sets such as OLL or PLL recognition
  • Individual case views – just click / tap on the case
    • Lists multiple algorithms for each case – including 2H and OH
    • Explanations and decompositions of algs – general structure, combos, cancellations, etc.
    • Links to the SpeedSolving Wiki and AlgDB.net
  • Additional information
    • Includes general thoughts / comments about individual cases and groups of cases
    • Includes the probabilities of every case in every set
  • Popular alg sets for beginner, intermediate and advanced solvers
    • Beginner / Improver – i.e. learning minimal / easy algorithms
    • Intermediate – 2-look variations (e.g. 2LOLL + 2LPLL, 2LCLL + 2LELL, etc)
    • Advanced – Full OLL, PLL, COLL, etc.
    • Expert – Nothing yet
  • Responsive web design
    • Mobile first – works well on smart phones and installable as a web app on Android
    • Layout will change to the best possible view when rotating your mobile device
  • Random case feature
    • When viewing any specific case, click the ellipsis "..." to switch to a random case

Known bugs
  • The responsive menu misbehaves on some mobile devices. It used to work fine!

Links

Feel free to let me know what you think of the website and please let me know if you encounter any bugs or mistakes.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited:

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool! Can’t say I prefer it to algDB, but it does have some cool features algDB doesn’t have, such as probabilities and shape names, like “kite” or “runway.”

SpartanSailor

WCA
2016DUEH02
I like it. I will have to play with some of your different OLL Algs. I use a different orientation for most OLLs at the start. Some of those youbliated begin with an U or U’ which is essentially then the same alg I use. There are others that look like they may be easier or more efficient to some I use.

Great resource. I have never seen the 4AOll-4APLL stuff before. Although I use full OLL-PLL, I may show that to my son. He may like that better than trying to work through full PLL and OLL.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like it. I will have to play with some of your different OLL Algs. I use a different orientation for most OLLs at the start. Some of those youbliated begin with an U or U’ which is essentially then the same alg I use. There are others that look like they may be easier or more efficient to some I use.

Great resource. I have never seen the 4AOll-4APLL stuff before. Although I use full OLL-PLL, I may show that to my son. He may like that better than trying to work through full PLL and OLL.

Thanks. Yes, I've opted for a standard AUF for all cases so that they are consistent across OLL, COLL, etc.

Oh... and the grid views - e.g. OLL (grid view)

The 2AOLL and 2APLL sets are what I teach to beginners and I have a slide deck on GitHub:

Beginner slides - 2AOLL and 2APLL

The 4AOLL and 4APLL sets are what I teach to people looking to improve and I have a slide deck on GitHub:

Improver slides - 4AOLL and 4APLL