• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Rama One Handed avg of 5: 19.96

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OMG!

That was crazy, Rama! :O

I wish I could do 5 straight solves like that...well, 23.xx avg would make me happy, but I can't keep the speed doing 5 solves with little rest between them...which exercises do you do for your hand? :D

oh, and you're using your pinky :( damn...I'm guessing I have to switch to that too...but I'm not sure...

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice Rama! Congrats on the sub 20! After seeing this I expect you to get a WR next competition. If you are only kinda back in shape what will you get when you are all the way back in shape?
Pedro: Takumi Yoshida uses his ring finer as well so its only preference not necessity. Just do lots of solves, I've done 100 straight with the only break the time it takes to scramble and my hand has to do that too.

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice Rama! Congrats on the sub 20! After seeing this I expect you to get a WR next competition. If you are only kinda back in shape what will you get when you are all the way back in shape?
Pedro: Takumi Yoshida uses his ring finer as well so its only preference not necessity. Just do lots of solves, I've done 100 straight with the only break the time it takes to scramble and my hand has to do that too.

yep, I saw that...

Syuhei Omura also uses his ring finger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPw4470tZ5w (21.89 avg of 12 o_O)

I just need to learn to do that R'...hmm...

100 solves?! damn...if I do 100 solves without a break my hand will fall! and I'll get a 35 avg :D

EDIT

nah, he's using his pinky too...hmm...which one of them uses his ring finger? I think it's Takuma Akutsu...*searching*

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah it's so very fast. I wonder though, why do you not use your full 15 seconds for inspection? If you can work out the cross that fast, why not look for your first edge pair, and if possible second? (or do you already do that??).

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes Tomy is Takumi Yoshida lol. I think I just learned and stole that Y perm you are talking about :)
I spend a bit of time on cubingtechniques and watch the Japanese teams videos lol.
Edit: Takuma Akutsu is Raiden he uses pinky too.

Last edited:

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
YAH Rama!!! First sub 20 average of 5 caught on video ;-) So you're picking up those Japanese fingertricks eh? What cube is like? DIY?

I'm getting used to the pinky R' thing, but it'd make things easier if my pinky was a bit longer haha.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
What cube is like? DIY?

I'm getting used to the pinky R' thing, but it'd make things easier if my pinky was a bit longer haha.

Is this for real!? Harris Chan asking me what cube I use!? Normally people ask you about that! :D
Well I am just using a Rubik's DIY cube, but it has been made and prepared looser two months before the Czech Open.

As for the R' moves I just use my pointer finger.

Ah it's so very fast. I wonder though, why do you not use your full 15 seconds for inspection? If you can work out the cross that fast, why not look for your first edge pair, and if possible second? (or do you already do that??).

I am 'mostly' looking at the first F2L-pair, depends what the cross is like offcourse. :D

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, I guess I need to get my inspection time that fast as well. I usually take the full 15 seconds, and then still take ages for the cross :p .