• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Racing to sub-x thread discussion

Should we keep the racing to sub-x trend

• Yes, we should make many, many threads

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No, we should not make more threads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but we should limit them

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No, we should delete all of them

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koreancuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
READ THE PARAGRAPH'S BELOW BEFORE YOU VOTE

FYI:This is just a proposal. (mods can delete anytime they want) I'm not flaming anyone. I have no clue what a reasonable average for all the cubes, and I'm not sure how many or how we should make the threads.

I guess a few of the sub-x threads(4~6) is alright, but I wanted to make this to prevent more of them. Here's what I think we should do, to prevent a lot of threads, eg. racing to sub-2 for 2x2, racing to sub-3 for 2x2 and racing to sub-4 for 2x2, I think we should make one thread for non-popular cubes/puzzles (such as pyraminx, etc) and set the race to a reasonable time. (such as 5~7 seconds for the pyraminx) Then for the popular puzzles (such as 2x2s, 4x4s) we should make 2 threads (as for the 3x3s, it's the most popular puzzle, so it doesn't count). And AFTER we make the threads, we ban all the others (i know it sounds mean, but i'm afraid that looks like the only way to stop this trend)

So overall, we create 1~2 threads for each cube/puzzle, with an reasonable average (sub-5 for 2x2, sub-25 for 3x3, sub-1 for 4x4, etc (not sure what a reasonable average is)). THEN, we ban further threads on this. Oh, by the way, this can include bld and one hand (for bld, a new thread, or if you're haiyan, you can join the sub-30 race for bld.)

So, what are your opinions? and why??