• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Quick Question for the tech savvy regarding DIMM slots

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Sn3kyPandaMan
So somehow or another I fried 3 out of 4 of my DIMM slots, and I was wondering if there is anything I can try to get them to work again. I'm quite confident 3 of them don't work because using one stick of RAM, and bouncing them between the slots, the computer does not pick up any memory of any size out of all 4 sticks that I have, unless placed in slot 4. Adding additional memory, simply leaves me with only the memory in slot 4. This happened while trying to install some sticks, and ideas? I'm getting a new motherboard, but it'd be nice if I could use more than 1 gb of ram before I get that =P. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've been told fried DIMM is pretty much just fried DIMM, and I need to get a new mobo...

Edit 2: Wow, clicked the wrong sub forum......apologies....:fp

Last edited: